Team SCR sportive calendar 2010

2»

Comments

• Cheers Rich : I'll defintely be riding the black Roubaix and I'll let you know kit details.

I'll look out for the peleton as you sweep past me!!

Easy to spot me : I'll be the one grovelling up the Bwlch :):)
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Cheers Rich : I'll defintely be riding the black Roubaix and I'll let you know kit details.

I'll look out for the peloton as you sweep past me!!

Easy to spot me : I'll be the one grovelling up the Bwlch :):)

You'll probably grovell past my prostrate body, laid out in the gutter in that case, I've heard bad things about the Bwlch. Lay some flowers as you go past and give the bike a decent send off :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rich158 wrote:
    Oh god, another boy from the valleys :wink: I almost had to masquerade as one of you, luckilly CJCP got the transfer in in the nick of time and you were saved frm my Welsh accent :lol:

We're now up to at least 16 from the club, just watch out for the red and yellow Phoenix peloton :wink:

We'll be sure to wave as we pass you :twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    To do:

Magnificat

Owing to family commitments I can't really sign up for many but this will be my first proper sportive and century ride :-)
    Quite frankly I can't wait to get started, even if my training hasn't been as thorough as I hoped :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Rich158
    itboffin wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:
    Oh god, another boy from the valleys :wink: I almost had to masquerade as one of you, luckilly CJCP got the transfer in in the nick of time and you were saved frm my Welsh accent :lol:

We're now up to at least 16 from the club, just watch out for the red and yellow Phoenix peloton :wink:

We'll be sure to wave as we pass you :twisted:

Are you doing it as well old chap :lol: Are you up for a beer or three on the Saturday night, I will off course be taking the pledge and staying teetotal :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    OK so this isn't a sportive or anything like that, but it's my first organised bike ride this year.

LFGSS Revenge of the 50 Fixed Women - Sunday morning pre-marathon ride. Jubilee Gardens to Hammersmith. Geared bikes allowed and am looking forward to it :D
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    Done the New Forest Standard route

Next up is the Isle of Wight Randonnee which is more a light audax than a sportive I think.
    After that the Bournemouth Arrow looks tempting. I'm not planning beyond that yet.
  • itboffin
    Eau Rouge wrote:

Next up is the Isle of Wight Randonnee which is more a light audax than a sportive I think.
    After that the Bournemouth Arrow looks tempting. I'm not planning beyond that yet.

Doing that tomorrow afternoon with the extra 80 mile return trip to get there.

This might not actually happen
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Eau Rouge wrote:

+1 for the Randonnee, it'll be my third (second doing the full 100k). Definitely more 'light audax' than sportive. A great day out.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • stuaff
    itboffin wrote:
    Eau Rouge wrote:

Oh, it's such an easy route, there aren't any hills (so you said), you should manage that easily...... :lol:
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    StuAff wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Eau Rouge wrote:

Oh, it's such an easy route, there aren't any hills (so you said), you should manage that easily...... :lol:

Er smarty pants from my house there are plenty of hills
  • stuaff
    There are plenty of hills from mine too, btw....it's no good you rubbishing the New Forest route as flat one week then suddenly deciding it and/or your way to it is hilly and challenging the next, you know :lol:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Evans have just taken money off me and in return I have to ride 60 miles round the Chilterns :roll:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    SWRC's May Flyer, too
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Just did my first sportive yesterday, the Evans Milton Keynes ride. Did the short route at 30 miles but thinking of going to 60 miles in the Reading one in a couple of weeks (once the pain in my back has died down and Il've done some core strength exercises!)
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • Rich158
    So far

Done
    HOTA
    Phoenix Easter Classic - 3:40'ish - 114k
    Princes Risborough - 4:40 (prov) - 133k

To do

Cumbrian Killer
    The Black Rat Sportive
    Highclere Magnificat
    Dragon
    Tour of the Black Mountains

Revised FCN - 2
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Ups and Downs yesterday. Lived up to its name, rather hard work...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Up and Downs for me yesterday as well, and I agree with TGOTB - twas rather uppy and downy!

Great event though, really enjoyed it, and by my timing, (without time added for the water stops) I made it round the epic in 6.11 which, whilst not as quick as I'd have liked isn't too bad

now just have to wait and see how awesome (or otherwise!) I look in the photos 8)
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    "Bay Dash" for me yesterday (the 60 mile route complement to the 112 mile Wrynose or Bust ride).

Wheels time was 4 hours, actual time was 4:10:47. Times for the 118 riders ranged from 3h20 to 9h08, and ages from 23 to 72. The "winner" was 55.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)