2011 fox forks

2»

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    actually thinkin about it, we have a deal with fox at work .................. :wink: mwaahahahahahahaa i love my discount :D
  • Northwind wrote:
    SDK2007 wrote:
    It's been tested by DH riders since 2008.

Yup, that's one of the reasons I'm suspicious... DH use is completely unlike trail use. You can't test a product in a high-impact low-duration situation then assume it'll work perfectly in a lower impact long duration situation.

(Honda did just this with their VF, they torture tested the engines on racetracks and on the bench and said "OK, after 5000 miles of hell they're perfect, good enough for road use" then it turned out that after 10000 miles of mild use the cams melted and destroyed the top ends)

As far as I'm aware, Kashima coating has been around for years and years in other applications, just not MTB. I'm sure they're aware of its durability properties.
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Come on Fox get your prices published and products available to buy.

I'm waiting to blow some cash your 2011 160mm 36 Float FIT RLC
  • weescott
    weescott Posts: 453
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    RS - Audi/VAG
    Fox - BMW :wink:

tring tring, I ride ride Fox forks, get out of my way, I own this trail.

It's good to see some real changes in the Fox forks this year. Not like the 09/10 forks with minor tweeks and big price increases over the 08's.
  • lawman
    SDK2007 wrote:
    Come on Fox get your prices published and products available to buy.

I'm waiting to blow some cash your 2011 160mm 36 Float FIT RLC

i hear prices will be similar to 2010, maybe even a little less in some cases :wink:
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    im not a fan of the new fit damper at all, if your quite heavy and run quite high pressure the damper cannot be adjusted enough to dampen correctly and feels like a pogo stick. been back to the shop as i though it was a prob with the fork and evey fit equipped bike was exactly the same. get to 120psi+ and theres no damping.
  • lawman
    richg1979 wrote:
    im not a fan of the new fit damper at all, if your quite heavy and run quite high pressure the damper cannot be adjusted enough to dampen correctly and feels like a pogo stick. been back to the shop as i though it was a prob with the fork and evey fit equipped bike was exactly the same. get to 120psi+ and theres no damping.

not many forks work for every rider weight, the damper is designed for a wide range of riders and settings, but only to certain extremes so anything beyond these will make the forks performance suffer. custom tuning will solve this, the fit damper is pretty amazing once set up, its better than a standard motion control damper imo, altho ive not tried a blackbox damper yet, so cant really compare it to that.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    WMB testers feel it is unresponsive over smaller stuff.

But we all like different things.
  • lawman
    yer i could kind off agree with that tbh sonic, i rode them with slightly different pressures to my revs so they were abit firmer, but the overall control felt much better imo, the didnt bob or dive as much as the revs do, hopefully the refined fit damper and kashima coat will solve the small bump sensitivity, which from what ive felt, is the only slight niggle with fox froks atm, other than the price of course :lol:
  • supersonic
    WIth the revs try setting the LSC to around 80-90% - usually tames the dive.
  • lawman
    awesome will do :) be messing around with pressures and the gate adjust this week and so far it seems to abit better, i think the seals have gone already though, the small amount of oil and the uppers is getting biiger each ride, so im gonna strip them down and see whats going on in there
  • supersonic
    Also can try less negative pressure to firm up the beginning stroke. Try upping the floodgate two if running high compression, though this may effect mid and end stroke feel.