Yet another freehub body to give up the ghost

2»

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    OK perhaps the moon landing is real. But Solo should never have stepped on Jabba's tale.

Look at the size of Jabba, one slap would have taken Solo's head off. Chewie might have survived that, but Solo?

Cheers DDD - just emptied an entire Latte in my lap because I was LMAO......han Solo would have made some "special Modifications" and had Fulcrums 1's.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    itboffin wrote:
    Dude who makes fulcrums...?

Campagnolo, so which freehub on the fulcrum range is going to be better Shimano compatible or their own.....? :roll:
    Oh for god's sake, conspiracy theory!!

STOP PRESS NEWS

Elvis found giving tours of Roslin Chapel. Read all about it.

The moon landings never happened, y'know. Oh and it wasn't actually the titanic that sank, it was its sister ship the Olympic. Insurance job, y'see.

That last one is actually one of my favourite conspiracy theories...

Yup yup & yup she speaks the truth :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,416
    Seriously though, the freehub on a Fulcrum (or any other brand for that matter) wheel is made by Fulcrum, whether with Shimano or Campy splines, isn't it? It's just a different shape on the outside with the same ratchet mechanism inside, that's all, or am I missing something?

BTW, the R550s IP sold me a while back have the quietest freehub known to man. Freewheeling sounds the same as pedalling. All works absolutely fine, but just sounds very strange, or rather doesn't sound at all.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    I've never had a free hub go down on me and I imagine I put down a lot more power and weight that you don daddy d (22 stone, 6'4", 32" thighs)
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    prj45 wrote:
    I've never had a free hub go down on me

Snigger.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I've never really known the freehubs on Shimano hubs (as in, made by Shimano, not with a Shimano spline) to last all that long. You can normally feel them going though, and at least limp them home.

I've just switched to running Hopes on the winter bike, should solve that problem. :)