OT: Silly things we keep.

2»

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,417
    gert_lush wrote:
    I now have 4 worn out tyres of various sizes, and a few "spare" worn out cassettes for emergencies, quite what type of emergency requires a knackered tyre and cassette I am yet to find out but I am confident it will be useful when the time comes!

Other things I seem to hoard is running shoes, you see the problem is that if you swap them every 300-500 miles as recommended they actually look fine still but have lost their spring, so have quite a few sets of running shoes I can't run in but do not want to get rid of as they don't look worn out!

Still have lots of coursework and books from Uni 10 years ago in the vague hope I may actually read them again one day..... fat chance!

Only 4? :oops: I am going to be one of those mad old people who live surrounded by piles of newspaper.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Paul E wrote:
    Arghh not football on a cycling site :-(

No just Newcastle United :lol:

Used to play darts in High Spen, usually under an assumed name. I quite like the ride out from my mums through there and Rowlands Gill and up to my sis's in Burnopfield.

I was gutted when I lost my cycling proficiency badge, I'd had it for well over 20 years.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    All my old passports, english and aussie, from birth until current.

All my old music grade certificates, grade 1 to whatever, for all the instruments, even the ones I've sold. Oh, and the speech'n'drama ones.

Any bolt/nut/washer I've taken off anything, ever.

Plugs, cable and fuses from broken electricals that I've eventually given up trying to fix.

Jam jars.

Paper coffee cups, eg Starbucks ones, so if I want to leave the house and take coffee, I can throw away the cup.

The plastic boxes that takeaways sometimes come in.

Buttons.

Bike saddles.

I could go on. It's really rather lucky I have a lot of storage.

:shock:
  • CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296

All my old music grade certificates, grade 1 to whatever, for all the instruments, even the ones I've sold. Oh, and the speech'n'drama ones.

Plugs, cable and fuses from broken electricals that I've eventually given up trying to fix.

Jam jars.

Paper coffee cups, eg Starbucks ones, so if I want to leave the house and take coffee, I can throw away the cup.

Buttons.

Bike saddles.

I fear you will become the woman the local child avoid and call 'Mad cat woman' in years to come. :wink::lol:
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323

Jam jars.

Buttons.

Bike saddles.

You're not alone Steptoe!!! I'm all of those, bar the paper cups!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440

Jam jars.

Buttons.

Bike saddles.

I think I might know someone who'll take them old saddles off you :wink:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017