• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Ballan suspended by BMC.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kléber wrote:
    Ballan suspended by BMC.

Good move
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,477
    Kléber wrote:
    What on earth was Lampre doing buying pharmaceutical products from a tiny village pharmacy that's miles from the team HQ near Monza? It can only look dodgy even if it's innocent.

This is Italy remember. Saronni has probably bought pharmaceutical products from this pharmacy since he was a youngster, due to his dad having owed the pharmacist's dad a small debt of gratitude or something. :wink:

I agree though, it might be totally innocent but with Lampre's recent track record one has to think that it probably isn't.
  • andyp
    iainf72 wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    Ballan suspended by BMC.

Good move

Wow. Swift, decisive action. They don't want to lose that Tour spot do they?
  • iainf72 wrote:
    [naive]Linus?[/naive]

Don't worry. If you were coached by Cecchini of course your dodgy blood values were caused by a stomach bug.
    :wink:

Ah I see now. Never knew that
  • Kléber
    John Lelangue is clued in and close to ASO. It puts pressure on Lampre now.

Several teams might be thinking of a ride in July now. The Vacansoleil or Saur could still get in. Maybe ASO should announce the list of reserve teams just to put pressure on the dodgy outfits: "clean up, take action or the Feillu brothers will nab your spot"
  • iainf72
    andyp wrote:

Exactly. It's painful but it's the best way.

Although, for a Tour spot they must be more worried about that other fellow they got from Lampre who can climb. He's also linked.
  • iainf72
  • Kléber
    iainf72 wrote:
    Although, for a Tour spot they must be more worried about that other fellow they got from Lampre who can climb. He's also linked.
    Santambrogio suspended too.
  • iainf72
    Kléber wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Santambrogio suspended too.

You're Daniel Benson - Can I have my fiver now?
  • andyp
    Daniel Benson has just tweeted to say they called Ballan and he didn't know the news. G;ad to see there was no rush to get a press release out.
  • iainf72
    andyp wrote:
    Daniel Benson has just tweeted to say they called Ballan and he didn't know the news. G;ad to see there was no rush to get a press release out.

He's a pro cyclist. Isn't the default answer "I know nothing"?
  • andyp
    Apparently he was 'tranquillo'. :wink:
  • andyp wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    Ballan suspended by BMC.

Good move

BMC were burned once by being the bike supplier for Phonak during the Hamilton/Landis scandals, so the team management must be concerned for their support. Plus I wonder what kind of clauses the Evans contract has should the team be sanctioned from races due to doping -- early termination, compensation?
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183

BMC were burned once by being the bike supplier for Phonak during the Hamilton/Landis scandals, so the team management must be concerned for their support.
    Plus I wonder what kind of clauses the Evans contract has should the team be sanctioned from races due to doping -- early termination, compensation?

Don't forget they supplied Astana in 2007 as well :lol:
  • Kléber
    iainf72 wrote:
    You're Daniel Benson - Can I have my fiver now?
    No way.

Anyway, good move by BMC even if it is harsh. But any other outfit facing fraud or cheating would suspend the member of staff. A fiddling accountant isn't allowed to keep auditing his clients, a teacher with assault charges is not allowed in the classroom etc.
  • iainf72
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/3862/ ... -soon.aspx

People better get spending those McDonalds vouchers!
  • Can tell we're approaching Grand Tour season can't you.
  • Kléber
    Cyclingnews are now reporting the Dutch media saying three Dutch riders are going to be named. What chances a Dane and a Russian rider also get rumbled?
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Kléber wrote:
    Cyclingnews are now reporting the Dutch media saying three Dutch riders are going to be named. What chances a Dane and a Russian rider also get rumbled?

I'm guessing one of the riders will have outstanding teeth, another is an already busted flush with a more famous namesake.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Kléber
    EDIT, I'll answer my own question.

The following Dutch riders have been helping with enquiries. Michael Boogerd, Pieter Weening, Thomas Dekker and Joost Poosthuma.
  • Bernardus
    Bernardus Posts: 136
    According to the boss of the Dutch doping agency, there are at least 3 former athletes involved. I think they're probably Michael Boogerd, Simon Vroemen and Thomas Dekker (if he is considered a former athlete).
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    The Volkskrant is saying that Kohl mentioned Boogerd and Dekker by name as part of the investigation, as doping suspects.

Edit: That's ^^ a little old news I think.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Simon Vroemen, the only European runner able to keep up with some of the Kenyans in the steeple chase
  • Bernardus
    Bernardus Posts: 136
    FJS wrote:
    Simon Vroemen, the only European runner able to keep up with some of the Kenyans in the steeple chase

There were also some Spaniards able to keep up with the East Africans...
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Bernardus wrote:
    FJS wrote:

There were also some Spaniards able to keep up with the East Africans...
    oh yes, the Spaniards, well..
  • iainf72
  • iainf72
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    andyp wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    Ballan suspended by BMC.

Good move

BMC were burned once by being the bike supplier for Phonak during the Hamilton/Landis scandals, so the team management must be concerned for their support. Plus I wonder what kind of clauses the Evans contract has should the team be sanctioned from races due to doping -- early termination, compensation?

Sorry to bump, but I just thought I'd point something out. Andy Rihs is Chairman of Phonak, BMC and the owner of the BMC team.