More Humanplasma

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2010 in Pro race
New doping investigation in Italy with links to Humanplasma again.

Sounds like Lampre are linked via their coach.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Does this mean Cunego will be riding even slower?
    Looks like a Tour slot is about to open up for one of those nice, clean Dutch teams.....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    iainf72 wrote:

Speaking of links... have you got one?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Bernucci's feeling some heat, now the team staff too. Some teams just don't learn lessons. Note Bernucci's claiming blood diluting medicine was for his "wife and brother". Oh yeah!

But this has been on the cards for some time, several Italian and Spanish teams employ "doctors" with dubious reputations, some even have convictions and investigations to their name but idiotic team management thinks they the right sort to have on board.

In this case we'll have to wait and see what happens, sometimes a big investigation can bring nothing, sometimes it can expose a lot.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    johnfinch wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/3705/Police-raids-come-up-clean-for-Petacchi-not-for-Bernucci.aspx

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Kléber
    One of Lampre's team doctors is a former Saunier-Duval doctor :roll:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/3705/Police-raids-come-up-clean-for-Petacchi-not-for-Bernucci.aspx

Thanks.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Has this got links to Humanplasma? The link quoted above suggests that the info comes from Sella and i didnt think he was connected.

EDIT: i'll answer my own question :)

Cyclingnews says Gazzetta della Sport suggests that it could be part of a wider investigation involving HumanPlasma.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bernucc ... estigation
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Wonder why all those links are broken? It's a tangled old web, isn't it...
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    And I thought it was only you-know-who that got links removed.

Never mind, stand down the tinfoil hats:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-dop ... y-revealed
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:

We'll have to rely on Wikileaks to get information out about you-know-who soon. He runs the rest of the internetz you know.
  • DaveyL
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

We'll have to rely on Wikileaks to get information out about you-know-who soon. He runs the rest of the internetz you know.

Shhhhhhhhhhh!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Does this mean Cunego will be riding even slower?

Harsh on a triple Lombardy and occasional GT stage winner.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Ballan has confirmed to Gazzetta that he's under investigation:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/feedarticle/9020719
  • iainf72

Remember all the suspicision last year when he was ill...
  • iainf72 wrote:

Remember all the suspicision last year when he was ill...

What odds can I get on Pozzatto and any other rider who pulled out of a race with non specific "stomach trouble" being investigated?

Edit: Didn't Ballan testif against some u23 rider a couple of years ago saying he offered him EPO? I remember thinking that Omerta was on its way out when Italian riders start testifying against each other!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    What odds can I get on Pozzatto and any other rider who pulled out of a race with non specific "stomach trouble" being investigated?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-pulls-out-of-circuit-sarthe
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Armstrong revealed that six of the eight riders from their Tour of Flanders squad “are down and out with a stomach bug. Hoping I'm lucky”.

[naive] Reminds me of T-Mobile in the Vuelta a few years ago. Didn't only one rider finish after a bout of food poisoning because he didn't eat the fish? [/naive]

Strava is not Zen.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Couldnt get a decent translation of this article.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/07-04-2 ... 9239.shtml

Is it suggesting that Cunego is also under investigation or is it just saying he is on the Lampre team too?
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I think Armstrong is clean as a whistle. I don't think for a minute he always has been. But I don't feel the stomach bug is anything sinister doping wise. Still the result of the French investigation into trash the riders voluntarily binned are to be announced on Friday July 2nd no doubt...somehow doubt they'll find anything
  • DaveyL
    calvjones wrote:
    Armstrong revealed that six of the eight riders from their Tour of Flanders squad “are down and out with a stomach bug. Hoping I'm lucky”.

[naive] Reminds me of T-Mobile in the Vuelta a few years ago. Didn't only one rider finish after a bout of food poisoning because he didn't eat the fish? [/naive]

Yep, a massive organised team doping effort just so Radio Shack can win, er, Circuit de la Sarthe... :roll:
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • calvjones
    DaveyL wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

Yep, a massive organised team doping effort just so Radio Shack can win, er, Circuit de la Sarthe... :roll:

Just not the point I was making at all, which was much more about the nonsense that used to be spouted & believed in the days of systematic team doping - which has now probably gone, placing the risk squarely on individual riders (isn't capitalism a wonderful thing?).

If Johan made no mistakes injecting 800ml of packed cells during 7 Tour wins, he's clearly not going to take his eye of the ball at Sarthe.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Well actually its not the sarthe riders that are going down but the Flanders riders, some who arent competing in the Sarthe but i think a genuine illness is the far more likely explanation too.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    calvjones wrote:

Didnt PDM have a dodgy episode like that too - put down to them all having a contaminated drip after a race to rehydrate them ?

Not that I'm saying this episode is dodgy - plenty of people get food poisoning or viruses.
  • DaveyL
    calvjones wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

Just not the point I was making at all, which was much more about the nonsense that used to be spouted & believed in the days of systematic team doping - which has now probably gone, placing the risk squarely on individual riders (isn't capitalism a wonderful thing?).

If Johan made no mistakes injecting 800ml of packed cells during 7 Tour wins, he's clearly not going to take his eye of the ball at Sarthe.

Weelll, T-Mobile did have form though - look at Sinkiewitz's testimony of some of the gruesome goings on at Freiburg!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • calvjones
    Yep, I was having a rueful smile as I watched Mick, Klodi and Linus rip it up in Pays Basque :D

Lucky boys all...

Strava is not Zen.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    The net widens and more names appear.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gazzett ... estigation

BMC domestiques go the same way as Cadel's Lotto lot?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    More

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mantova ... _headlines

Alleged doping doctors quite often claim to hand out magic beans, don't they (homoeopathic remedies)
  • Kléber
    What on earth was Lampre doing buying pharmaceutical products from a tiny village pharmacy that's miles from the team HQ near Monza? It can only look dodgy even if it's innocent.

Teams have to end this attitude with pharmaceuticals, you simply don't need these things to race. You can buy food supplements in Tesco after all.
  • calvjones wrote:
    Yep, I was having a rueful smile as I watched Mick, Klodi and Linus rip it up in Pays Basque :D

Lucky boys all...

[naive]Linus?[/naive]
  • iainf72
    [naive]Linus?[/naive]

Don't worry. If you were coached by Cecchini of course your dodgy blood values were caused by a stomach bug.
    :wink: