Calling all photographers!

13»

Comments

• delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    have to agree lugging the slr and kit can be a pain.. but i personally prefare my slr to any compact .
    the only complaint i have with compacts i used and i got a few of them, is the delay from pushing the button to it snapping the pic. it makes taking photos of mtbing hard trying to time it...
  • I just joined the forum. I am expecting my new MB next week (Specialized Rockhopper SL Comp) and got it partly with photography in mind (partly fitness - it's been about 10 years since I last used a MB). There is some great countryside where I live to explore. I mainly use a Sony A900 and have a micro-4/3 system (Panasonic G1 and 3 lenses).

A question I had was what do people use to carry their cameras around on the bike? I just ordered a Lowepro Quickshot 100 backpack, but I suspect it might not end up being big enough. I'm hoping it will be OK for the A900 and 24-70 zoom plus another lens. Advantage is that you don't have to take the pack off to get the camera out.

Cheers.
    Specialized Rockhopper SL Comp
    Specialized Secteur Elite
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    Sony user here. Sony A700 with 16-105mm, 70-300 G, 90mm Tamron Macro and old Minolta nifty fifty F1.8.

These pics are pretty crap, but haven't got many bike shots. These were taken last year when i had an A200 with kit lenses. Heading back to Fort William again this year with the upgraded bits!

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00817.jpg
  • pilsburypie
    pilsburypie Posts: 891
    Stile cop a few days ago - 2 off camera flashes, one right and one front left.
    VT7P4384.jpg
  • Sorry Capoz, I only just saw your post just now. I run everything through lightroom with some level adjustments. I can't remember what, I increase the contrast most times, I think I increase the black level. Recently I've been dropping the saturation because I think there might be something wrong with the camera! The Panasonic Lumix compact seems amazing, there is the one with the lens that sticks out a little bit that a friend has been using and getting some amazing results. The lens is really wide which makes for great photos in darker conditions, where my G9 suffers and also makes for great photos without having to climb a way off the trail!

On the same ride:
    G9:
    mountain-bike-holiday-spain-basque-mtb-5.jpg
    TZ5:
    mountain-bike-holiday-spain-basque-mtb-11.jpg
    And another G9 one from the same ride, just because!:
    mountain-bike-holiday-spain-basque-mtb-20.jpg

There's a pile more photos on my blog from that ride btw. http://www.basquemtb.com/new-route-contours-crestas-and-canals/
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i just started mtb photography. one of my first pics was on the top 10 best in europe on pinkbike daily. i use a compact camera which i got for £100, £170 RRP. it has 12 megapixels and a sport mode which makes all the difference when you take pics of riders. i use picasa 3 to edit the photos. just basic editing to change the light abit, the shadows etc. just to make the picture look better. i might get a SLR and some cheap kit once i finish a planned scott voltage build. so in about 2 years i shall have a slr camera

here are my pics:

http://jacob-jay-12.pinkbike.com/album/Delamere/

EDIT:also i'm only 14
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Been taking photos with an old Fuji S5700 for a few years, the camera was just versatile enough to get me into photography. My sister's been big into her photography for several years, going through from an old manual Canon A1, to a Pentax Auto, and then finally getting an eos350D. I got some gear envy, and recently bought my first DSLR, a sony alpha 500.

Haven't got any mountain biking pics with the alpha yet, been doing mostly landscapes, but I'll keep you posted.