Boardman Team Carbon - Small (50cm) vs Medium (53cm)

2»

Comments

• MartAstur
    MartAstur Posts: 122
    pabwal wrote:
    this makes intersting reading, i too have been told to get a large from the staff at Halfords yet i'm 5ft 11 with a 32" leg. perhaps i should go for the medium? cheers

I'm the same height and leg length and I have a Large Boardman Team Carbon. Seems to suit me fine but then again I have never tried the medium (bought online). It's a great bike! would be interested to know which one you go for in the end, try them first if you can.
    M
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    yup, I'd say go small. I'm just under 5'9 with a 31" inseam and had a Road Team in medium. Always felt it was too stretched out with its 55.5cm top tube. Now have bikes with 54.5cm and 55cm effective top tubes and am much happier with the fit. Wish I'd gone small in my Boardman as I'd probably still have it, cracking first bike!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    bompington wrote:
    I'm 5'8" with long body & arms and short legs (please ditch any mental images right now), I found medium was perfect for me - which suggests that small is probably good for more normally proportioned people of the same height

Are you, in fact, me??? We seem to have the same physical geometry

If you're fat as well then we really are doppelgangers

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • dugliss
    dugliss Posts: 235
    SecretSam wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    I'm 5'8" with long body & arms and short legs (please ditch any mental images right now), I found medium was perfect for me - which suggests that small is probably good for more normally proportioned people of the same height

Are you, in fact, me??? We seem to have the same physical geometry

If you're fat as well then we really are doppelgangers

Are you fat AND bald? Could be me too.
    Definitely go for the small frame, I have a Giant Defy in a medium and against my better judgement was convinced in the Giant store that a small would be like a childs bike on me. I`ve regretted it ever since
  • I'm 5ft 7.5, 30 inside leg, boardman medium is good fit.
    Very low front end but flipped the stem to bring it in .5inch ,
  • duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    Had a medium Team Carbon, i'm 5ft 8.5in, 31in inside leg, changed the stock 110mm stem for a 100mm and it was much better. The seat (Fizik Arione) was quite far forward on the post though (but stock 20-25mm set back post and would be middle of an inline post).
    Always felt if i was any smaller it would be too big, so with your stats i'd go for a small personally and maybe change the stem if required.

I've now got a small Scott CR1 SL with 110mm stem and i find its a good fit.........
    Cheers, Stu