British Eurosport Play a Blinder

2»

Comments

• alex16zx
    alex16zx Posts: 153
    Well it still looked better on the HD channel than it did on standard eurosport, even my dad commented!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    alex16zx wrote:
    Well it still looked better on the HD channel than it did on standard eurosport, even my dad commented!

They seem to use a different bitrate / compression which results in a marginally better picture. But on Sunday switch between ES and ES HD during a real HD broadcast and I'm sure you'll think the ES picture is from the 70's.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    iainf72 wrote:
    alex16zx wrote:

They seem to use a different bitrate / compression which results in a marginally better picture. But on Sunday switch between ES and ES HD during a real HD broadcast and I'm sure you'll think the ES picture is from the 70's.

Need to change your TV. On mine there difference was miles apart.
  • iainf72
    Gazzaputt wrote:

If it's not filmed in HD, how can it be broadcast in HD? The legend on the ES HD said "W" meaning widescreen. For P-R it says "HD", which means HD.
  • Gazzaputt
    iainf72 wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

If it's not filmed in HD, how can it be broadcast in HD? The legend on the ES HD said "W" meaning widescreen. For P-R it says "HD", which means HD.

It'll have been upscaled :D
  • iainf72
    Gazzaputt wrote:

It'll have been upscaled :D

:D

I'm not disagreeing the picture often looks better on ES HD, but when it's proper HD you know all about it.

I was hoping Paris-Nice would've been HD but nope. Luckily the Presidential Tour of Turkey is :wink:

Roubaix was spectacular in HD last year. It's really a pity it'll be another dust bowl
  • Gazzaputt
    Yea agree it looks better. I never thought that cycling in HD would be much of an improvement but I was wrong. Cannot wait for the TDF in HD. Problem is can my recorder space cope with live coverage?
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138

Now, having looked at International's scheduling, they don't appear to have Pais Vasco in any form.
    It seems as if, maybe, we have discovered the benefit of having Sky in the peloton?
    but with the return of the CI as well, we seem to be onto a winner.......
    To my cost that's what I found.
    Now where does your little whizz kid live. ??

I had virgin last year until they switched it off on 2nd May.
    I checked my DD payments OK and they reconnected me but on 2 June the same thing happened and so I wrote stating No Service No Money.??
    A lot of threats followed until I wrote again with the heading "Garbage In Garbage Out"
    and yes I still wanted the Sports Channels if they sorted my account.
    A small refund arrived but they havn't asked to reconnect me, so I shall have to dig out the paperwork for the contacts who are Human.

This is the first year that British ES is better than the International.
    International ES is run by the Germans who no longer have their Juiced up riders for them to support and so there is less cycle racing now.

Seems I'm missing out now.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972