cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    They were great, there were a couple of hairy corners and they kept gripping. THe road surface wasn't brilliant (compacted gravel). They haven't got any cuts yet. Did I say they are comfortable? :o
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Aidy wrote:
    Got a bit of a jaunt planned on Sunday, should help out with the stats game :)

130 miles done and dusted :)

Did the first 65 miles in 3 hours 20. That was quick!
  • dvdfoz
    dvdfoz Posts: 62
    Weekend plans, sadly unfulfilled, ended up in office for a few hours, :(
    Blimey, just glanced out window and thought "it's bloody dark, must be chucking it down", not quite on summer time yet.
    Dalston --> Canary Wharf, and all pubs inbetween
  • londonbairn
    londonbairn Posts: 316
    Didn't do any weekend cycling, but did order the missus a Planet X SL in pink with Ultegra 6700, not bad for her first road bike, now she is so excited eyeing up pink lycra, pink shoes, pink everything.....
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    Bumpity Bump

This weekend I'm planning my 2nd ever club run with the newly reformed Ballymoney Cycling Club.

What are your plans?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    Hmmm, might actually sneak a sunday lappage or two of RP in... Not going to be on bike much next week alas so feed the need while I can.
    Might have an evil hangover though - so who knows 8)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I have a 3 hour window for the first time since last Friday when I can actually get out on the bike. That's the last time I let the wife go off on a school trip for 5 days leaving me stuck at home, doing the washing, cooking, cleaning, looking after the kids etc.

Might aim for a nice 50 miler to remind myself why cycling is so good, unless the argies v sausage crunchers ¼ final with a glass of wine takes my fancy.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,665
    Shredding my knees on a couple of climbs (EDIT: Succomb's Hill and maybe Titsey Hill) on Saturday morning, plus a bit of fettling as the bike is looking a bit neglected.

EDIT: This is my first weekend ride in AGES, so I am a little bit giddy with anticipation. Hope I cn sort out my wheel bearings in time or I'll be doing it on the Dahon :shock:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    i wont be doing anything :(

have fun everyone :) keep safe..
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Norky
    Norky Posts: 276
    A bit of a lady pootle with the lady wife. I might take her over to my Dad's place (if she doesn't mind riding up the A284 and down Bury Hill/A29 with the traffic) to see if he wants to come out for a gentle civilised ride to the pub. Some fettling on the Sunday before a later barbeque - we might well ride to that too.
    The above is a post in a forum on the Intertubes, and should be taken with the appropriate amount of seriousness.
  • Hoping to go out on my first club ride on Sunday with Amersham RCC.

Looking forward to it as regular club rides should help move my riding to another level
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    rest, although that's a bit of a misnomer as I'm taking my nieces (2), nephew (1), step-nephew (1) + daughter out for most of the weekend
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    pootle down the towpath avec famille with baby in child seat for a pub lunch
    <a>road</a>
  • I'm resting today but tomorrow is the "Test Valley Tour" which starts all of 2 miles from my back gate. If all goes well this will hopefully help me get a foothold in the Stats top 40.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Cycled into work today - only 8 miles or so, a friend of mine said I should try to maintain a cadence of 100 so I tried that today and was nearly DOA when I got to work.

Will try to get out early (yes I've said that before) and get 3 hours in on my own tomorrow, then try to finish the garden decking - oh joy!

May try to persuade Mrs Benno to cycle into Cardiff Bay later on.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • bboti
    bboti Posts: 39
    I am planning to do this bike trail https://bikeroll.net/?_escaped_fragment=something&sa=46.6917&sn=23.3077&ea=46.6914&en=23.3069&bk=WALKING&wa=46.6170!23.2372!46.6445!23.3304!46.6657!23.3318. The planning shows very promising descents and very nice weather. I hope I will not be eaten be unleashed dogs :)
  • bboti wrote:
    I am planning to do this bike trail https://bikeroll.net/?_escaped_fragment=something&sa=46.6917&sn=23.3077&ea=46.6914&en=23.3069&bk=WALKING&wa=46.6170!23.2372!46.6445!23.3304!46.6657!23.3318. The planning shows very promising descents and very nice weather. I hope I will not be eaten be unleashed dogs :)
    Had to zoom out quite a way to find out where that was. Looks really nice. Enjoy. :)

Mike
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Not this weekend but in two weeks time I'm planning this:

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/299472

followed by this:

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/299074

Should make a nice day out, weather permitting.
    FCN = 4
  • bboti
    bboti Posts: 39
    mudcovered wrote:
    Had to zoom out quite a way to find out where that was. Looks really nice. Enjoy. :)
    Mike

You are right, I do not live in the middle of the Earth :) And since the last weekend was a success, I plan something very close: https://bikeroll.net/?_escaped_fragment ... 44!23.1326

I think there will be more asphalt, so it will be a bit different ride, but I am looking forward to it :)