Scary Garmin Edge 500?

stonehouse
stonehouse Posts: 222
The other day.... I switched on my Garmin edge 500 ready to start my workout, then realised I'd left the HR monitor upstairs. I left the Garmin on the kitchen table, went upstairs, and whilst there put on the HR monitor. I then heard a bleep from downstairs, the Edge had picked up the HR monitor through the floor! How strong is the signal coming out of these things for that to happen? My previous albeit cheap and nasty one struggled to keep connected when I was sitting on the bike right next to it!

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Yeah - my 705 has a range of 5-10 metres.

Unfortunately it still goes skitzy on fast descents (flapping jersey syndrome) - I had a reported max of 230 on Sunday whilst freewheeling :roll:
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Bronzie wrote:

Unfortunately it still goes skitzy on fast descents (flapping jersey syndrome) - I had a reported max of 230 on Sunday whilst freewheeling :roll:
    I managed over 90kph on the bends on a flat stretch of road last week, such is my awesome power! Or maybe it was my dodgy Polar. :D
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Ands wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:

I managed over 90kph on the bends on a flat stretch of road last week, such is my awesome power! Or maybe it was my dodgy Polar. :D

That it? 90kph? pffffff... I've known people who have reached over 2000 mph.....

:lol:
  • holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    Nokia sportstracker recorded me doing an 83Mph peak last week. Uphill.
    Take that Alberto!
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Bronzie wrote:
    I had a reported max of 230 on Sunday
    For clarification I was talking about heart rate, not speed. Don't think I've ever had a freaky high max reported speed (but then again I rarely look at that anyway).