Beware the squeaky chains and clicky gears...

13»

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    itboffin wrote:
    Who are all you people? Ffs we used to have standards, well okay that's not true.

Z thingy me bob I like the cut of your gib, fancy a bit of 1:1 SCR training? ;)

If it moves scalp it - pick you're targets, gentlemen :twisted: Picked off three of them this morning - I'm so awesome I'm in awe of me
  • Aguila
    Aguila Posts: 622
    ravey1981 wrote:
    Clerks

Well done ravey! Sorry there is no actual prize.

DDD, so your saying that when you first started out you rode like a dick and then learned to improve over time? Isn't that precisely the point I was making?

Surely we haven't found something to agree on?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    You calling me a dick?

:wink:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Aguila
    Aguila Posts: 622
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You calling me a dick?

:wink:

Are you saying our mam's better than our mam's nan's gran?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    calm down, calm down

96777.jpg
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    I was certainly not born awesome. In fact I used to wobble to work on a Decathlon hybrid, in my dad's old gym shorts, an old holiday t shirt and a home made high viz jacket (thanks mum!). Style, all round. And the bike handling skills of a 5 year old.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    out on the edge of london, and as my route isn't direct I don't see many bikes. so very few SCR or other wise.

have seen some very clean looking bikes in passing even some roadies, was catching one up last night in Bushy Park but he/she turned off my route. looked quite nice bike from what I could see they where still some 50ft or so ahead, in the dark.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I was certainly not born awesome. In fact I used to wobble to work on a Decathlon hybrid, in my dad's old gym shorts, an old holiday t shirt and a home made high viz jacket (thanks mum!). Style, all round. And the bike handling skills of a 5 year old.

I still have the bike handling skills of a 5yo :oops: Hope to upgrade to 8yo by June :roll: :lol:
  • I was certainly not born awesome. In fact I used to wobble to work on a Decathlon hybrid, in my dad's old gym shorts, an old holiday t shirt and a home made high viz jacket (thanks mum!). Style, all round. And the bike handling skills of a 5 year old.
    But it's totally awesome that you confessed your non-awesomeness so frankly, even in the past tense.

FWIW, I've been commuting for 2 years now, and I still feel my sig's accurate. :oops:
    N00b commuter with delusions of competence

FCN 11 - If you scalp me, do I not bleed?
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    I just had a thought.

Question. What do you get if you take a hi-viz nodder and give him an engine? Answer. A moped rider :lol:

There's always someone further down the food chain! At least there's hope for newbie cyclists. They can develop awesomeness with careful nurturing and the will to improve.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Kurako wrote:
    I just had a thought.

Question. What do you get if you take a hi-viz nodder and give him an engine? Answer. A moped rider :lol:

There's always someone further down the food chain! At least there's hope for newbie cyclists. They can develop awesomeness with careful nurturing and the will to improve.

So there's hope for me then!! :D:D
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Big Wib wrote:
    Aguila wrote:
    will3 wrote:
    Aguila wrote:
    Sooo glad I dont have to ride in London.

Going along my country roads the only new sights are the sprouting daffs and the randy animals! :D

+1

Does anyone else have a plague of frogs on the roads on damp nights after dark? It's like frog slalom.

OMG yes! At the weekend it was frog coverage of biblical proportions round here, they're all off down the pond for some hot frog lovin. :)

did a half marathon on Sunday & one stretch of road was lined with squished frogs. My bemusement kept me going for a mile or so, and then we turned a corner and there were none. :?

Frogs return to the pond or stretch of water in which they were spawned to spawn their own young 'uns so they often need to cross roads to get back to where they were born They also mostly mate at night so there will be a lot more of them about. Now is the mating season. My parents pond is full of frogs and toads at the moment.

Back on subject - there are certainly a lot more cyclists out on the road at the moment, but that's good, I don't reallty find them much of a problem. Nice that the weather is warmer now and I can wear shorts again.
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    +1 for the frogs

top frog related tip, wash the bits that stick to your bike off as soon as you get home, else the smell becomes pretty unpleasant :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.