Best dynamo-operated light

2»

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    alfablue wrote:
    Well, Spa Cycles do a complete kit (wheel, hub, fittings light) for an amazing £67 if you want to start cheap - look here.

That looks good. Someone mentioned the best place to find out about these lights is from beardie touring types - the chap on that link looks perfect then!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    Bought some flashing LED lights in Copenhagen which work by connecting magnets to the wheel, when you pedal the lights flash! Fitted them nicely on the wife's city bike.

I've got some of these on my inner london station bike. Got them as a cheap fit and forget option. They are useful secondary lights but the low level (hub height) means that I don't like to rely on them to be seen. I've taken to wearing a cateye vest with LEDs as well
  • brgp wrote:
    I got a Cyo when if first came out to replace my Solidlight (as I liked the Schmidt E6 spread) and thought it was fantastic. Then the the Schmidt Edulux came out I managed to get hold of one, and it was an improvement on the Cyo (but at a cost). Now I am onto a Supernova E3 Pro and use it as my commuting light.

Given a Cyo and Edulux, I would choose the Cyo, however given a Cyo and a E3 Pro I would choose the Supernova.

Why, isn't the Edelux more powerful than the IQ Cyo?

Is it the Supernova E3 Pro more diffused, wider beam pattern to define your preference for the Supernova E3 Pro over the Edelux?

Thanks in advance for reply.