London 2012 tickets...

2»

Comments

• davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    from what I've seen elsewhere signing up to this site gives you nothing more than notifications. You won't increase your chances of getting a ticket.

Good news, if you live in London and have been paying your Olympic tax, then you too get no preferential treatment.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    JonGinge wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    The selection of "Security questions" provided on the signup form is rubbish.

I don't have one best friend.
    I don't have one favourite sportsman.
    I don't have one favourite food.

Whatever I select, I have to then provide an answer that will probably change with my mood. Today I may choose curry; tomorrow Chinese. Or chips.

They should provide me with an option to submit my own question, or have a selection that includes more factual questions for which the answer won't potentially change over time.

Still, signed up anyway. I just hope I don't actually need to remember what answer I gave. :D
    I'm a bit worried. I chose question 2 but didn't give a british olympian as the answer. I may have shot myself in the foot (I won't make the archery team, either)

I did, I did! Can you guess which one?

Oh no! Wait! Don't steal my tickets...
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JonGinge wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:

Whatever I select, I have to then provide an answer that will probably change with my mood. Today I may choose curry; tomorrow Chinese. Or chips.

They should provide me with an option to submit my own question, or have a selection that includes more factual questions for which the answer won't potentially change over time.

Still, signed up anyway. I just hope I don't actually need to remember what answer I gave. :D
    I'm a bit worried. I chose question 2 but didn't give a british olympian as the answer. I may have shot myself in the foot (I won't make the archery team, either)

I did, I did! Can you guess which one?

Oh no! Wait! Don't steal my tickets...
    Do you own a T-shirt on which you are giving him a good scalping? :wink:

Edit: and no, it wasn't Ms Whitbread.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jonginge
    Oh, and world track champs start tomorrow. Quite a lot of coverage on the bbc: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 155366.stm
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    JonGinge wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:

It's clearly a ploy by the anti-Armstrong lobby to generate a list of targets.
    :lol: Ha, wasn't LA. Or AC...

looks at sig... hmmm
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jonginge
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:

It's clearly a ploy by the anti-Armstrong lobby to generate a list of targets.
    :lol: Ha, wasn't LA. Or AC...

looks at sig... hmmm
    nope

dammit, dammit, dammit
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Agent57 wrote:
    Sadly, I reckon I'm a long way from being able to claim I'm a sportsman. :D I did once row in the British Indoor Rowing Championships in Birmingham though. Here's me in action:

rowing.gif
    :lol:

Mate, I'm no rower but your technique looks pretty abrupt. Shouldn't you flow more between the start and and positions, rather than some near instantaneous jump? ;)
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    Sadly, I reckon I'm a long way from being able to claim I'm a sportsman. :D I did once row in the British Indoor Rowing Championships in Birmingham though. Here's me in action:

rowing.gif
    :lol:

Mate, I'm no rower but your technique looks pretty abrupt. Shouldn't you flow more between the start and and positions, rather than some near instantaneous jump? ;)

:D I'll have you know my technique got me sub-7 minutes for a 2K! (A popular target for novice ergonauts.) Can't do it any more, mind. I reckon I'd pass out trying to get under 7:30. :D
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)