Has the hayfever season started early?

dieselengine
dieselengine Posts: 72
Itchy eyes, snotty nose but no other symptoms. This is what I get from April onwards usually when the pollen starts flying around.

Is it early this year?

Comments

• Might explain why I hacked up more slime than ghostbusters on the ride home from work this morning.

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    I've had mad itchy eyes for a couple of days this week but it's too early for grass pollen - could be tree pollen?
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    I had the tell tale early signs last weekend :roll:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I was sneezing lots last summer but no other symptons, cured it to a certain extent by rubbing vaseling on the insides of my nostrils.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    My wife is suffering a lot this week, something has iritated her, and for a change, it's not me! :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Early spring symptoms are probably due to tree pollen. Many species have v.indistinct flowers (but lots of them!) which appear before their leaves.
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    started early?!!?!?!?

I didn't know it had finished from last year.....I'm still getting the sniffles and itchy eyes every few weeks!
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Last year I had it worse than normal, however as the summer rolled on it got better. I think this was down to earlier tree pollen like said above. I heard you can go and get an injection done privately which lasts the whole year, considering doing this but has anyone else tried this option?
  • JohnCleland
    JohnCleland Posts: 172
    I suffer badly with Hay Fever, but nothing so far for me.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    As others have said, could be tree pollen. Tree pollen calendar starts as early as January:
    http://www.pollenuk.co.uk/aero/pm/calendar.html
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I never used to get hayfever but last year when the Plane trees in London were in pollen my eyes were a bit itchy and dry, but that was around April or May time I think
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    Garz wrote:
    Last year I had it worse than normal, however as the summer rolled on it got better. I think this was down to earlier tree pollen like said above. I heard you can go and get an injection done privately which lasts the whole year, considering doing this but has anyone else tried this option?

Hubby had this done for grass pollen many years ago - rather scary as the nurse sat there afterwards ready to administer cortisone and adrenalin in case of shock - but it cured him pretty much completely for good (jabs every winter for 3 years)

He still suffers a bit from other allergies and grass in massive doses causes an acute reaction but gone are the days of not being able to drive because his eyes were too swollen!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    It's the trees. They've woken up to the fact that the ice sheet has retreated and they are all obsessed with sex.

My eyes feel like they are full of demerara sugar at the moment
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    It's the trees. They've woken up to the fact that the ice sheet has retreated and they are all obsessed with sex.

My eyes feel like they are full of demerara sugar at the moment
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Just went for a walk and can definitely feel it....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,582
    Just went for a walk and can definitely feel it....

Take your hand out of your pocket then.