It's not just motorist I think cyclist need to be made aware

2»

Comments

• always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Oddjob62 wrote:
    I think people should have license plates so that crimes would be easier to solve.

Isn't it called DNA?

EDIT: DAMN my slow typing! :(
    You need very good glasses to read DNA from 30 yards and report someone for dangerous cycling on a whim.

Since everyone has DNA, why bother with car license plates and passports.

I feel like such a gosh darned mental pigmy compared to you lot.
  • W1 wrote:
    Bloody hell, how old are you lot?!

Older than you, sonny!

Now, be a good boy, and pass the gum drops. Toffees pull out me false teeth. :)
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • W1 wrote:
    Bloody hell, how old are you lot?!

Less of your lip, young man. In my day, we'd have given your sort a clip around the ear.

Re training - I've just signed up today to a 2 hour session with Cycle Training for later this month. Someone else on here linked to it. Many of the London boroughs subsidise it so it is only costing me £8. I can't see there is a downside - at worst it will be a 2 hour ride on my bike; at best, I could pick up a couple of tips about bad habits I've got and those tips could make me a lot safer rider.

I just hope they're okay with me turning up on a Penny Farthing.
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    mudcovered wrote:
    suzyb wrote:
    However cough 20 cough years later and I'd forgotten all bar signalling and how to turn into a junction.

I can still remember most of it as I've used a lot of it on a daily basis for most of the intervening 25 years :D . I did take a few slack years (just after I got my first decent car) but by then it was all fairly ingrained. I think the only thing I don't use is the signal for braking/slowing down. Not terribly practical/useful most of the time although I have mused on getting some switches hooked up to the brake levers to give me a brake light.

Mike
    Oh God! The slowing down signal! I've NEVER seen that done in the wild!
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    sarajoy wrote:
    :D Rare isn't it. I have seen it used but not often.

Mike
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    mudcovered wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:
    :D Rare isn't it. I have seen it used but not often.

Mike
    Most drivers I know would be too busy wondering wtf you were doing to slow down and would end up going into the back of you.
  • Honestly I'm glad this thread's beyond the serious stage now.
    Two dead was more than enough for one week.

Carbohydrate required - Young's Special London sits atop the mousepad - cheers folks.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    suzyb wrote:
    Most drivers I know would be too busy wondering wtf you were doing to slow down and would end up going into the back of you.
    True. To be honest that was the case back when I was taught it as well.

Mike