what helmet

2»

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    NGale wrote:
    What? Helmet?

:P

They've got a good selection of funky helmets here : http://www.beachcruiser.de/index.php/ca ... lmets.html

I have to say I like some of those, very funky :D

There is the advantage with one of those, dual use, myself and Jake have booked a skiing/snowboarding holiday for next year and those Bern ones have use for both cycling and snowboarding, so a bit of a money saver there :D

Yeah, true, especially for the peaked ones, I am considering one of those for snowboarding, I like my nose...
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    What's a reasonable life span for a helmet? I've had mine eight years (it's a Girol, cost about £25), and luckily it's never seen any serious action.
    Do they deteriorate over time? I know plastic becomes more brittle with age and was wondering whether I should change it anyway.

Bell and Giro say you should change it every 3 years. Met say 8 years. That's one of the reasons I bought Met, they aren't money grabbing barstewards.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny wrote:
    What's a reasonable life span for a helmet? I've had mine eight years (it's a Girol, cost about £25), and luckily it's never seen any serious action.
    Do they deteriorate over time? I know plastic becomes more brittle with age and was wondering whether I should change it anyway.

Bell and Giro say you should change it every 3 years. Met say 8 years. That's one of the reasons I bought Met, they aren't money grabbing barstewards.

thanks - sounds like I need a change. Next challenge - find one that fits!