angry day

2»

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    NGale wrote:
    Bit of an update. Jake recieved a call from Kona today (his LBS sent the bike to Kona for checking) about his Kona Jake frame and the seeming ease with which it buckled. It seems there was weld issue with it which caused it to be weaker than it should have been. They have as compensation offered Jake an upgrade and the 2010 model and a small amounf of compensation for loss of earnings for the two days he lost from work.

He was a little disturbed at the young chap from Kona calling him 'dude' however :lol:

Every Cloud! And at least the defect has been revealed... not nice knowing he was riding round on a dodgy frame!
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Great! As IP says, every cloud...
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    NGale wrote:
    Bit of an update. Jake recieved a call from Kona today (his LBS sent the bike to Kona for checking) about his Kona Jake frame and the seeming ease with which it buckled. It seems there was weld issue with it which caused it to be weaker than it should have been. They have as compensation offered Jake an upgrade and the 2010 model and a small amounf of compensation for loss of earnings for the two days he lost from work.

He was a little disturbed at the young chap from Kona calling him 'dude' however :lol:

Every Cloud! And at least the defect has been revealed... not nice knowing he was riding round on a dodgy frame!

I think he's more relieved that it wasn't something he had done. I think he's also relieved at the fact that it happened when it did and not when he was going faster or on a busy road.

He's now expecting the arrival of a Jake The Snake 2010, so he's a happy puppy :D
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    NGale wrote:
    NGale wrote:

I think he's more relieved that it wasn't something he had done. I think he's also relieved at the fact that it happened when it did and not when he was going faster or on a busy road.

He's now expecting the arrival of a Jake The Snake 2010, so he's a happy dude:D

EFA :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • NGale
    NGale wrote:
    NGale wrote:

He's now expecting the arrival of a Jake The Snake 2010, so he's a happy dude:D

EFA :D

:lol:

He's still a little disturbed by the 'dude' thing
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    NGale wrote:

The Kona people are mountain bikers at heart. I don't think they ever learnt how to do formal. :) A 2010 JtS is a nice score on the upgrade front. You can tell how few complaints they get about them as they only thing the ever seem to change is the frame colour and tyre spec.

Mike
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    prj45 wrote:
    Yeesh, I hope you receive more sympathy when you next have an accident.

Do you think if I ride too close behind you and ride into the back of you when you slam your anchors on I'll get some sympathy?

I'm sure you will, as you seem such a thoroughly decent chap...
  • NGale
    mudcovered wrote:
    NGale wrote:

The Kona people are mountain bikers at heart. I don't think they ever learnt how to do formal. :) A 2010 JtS is a nice score on the upgrade front. You can tell how few complaints they get about them as they only thing the ever seem to change is the frame colour and tyre spec.

Mike

He's just too used to being refered to as 'Sir' :lol: I think I'll just have to refer him as 'dude' from now on :wink::lol:

He wasn't expecting anything more than a replacement frame and wheel for the Jake, so he's more than happy at the moment.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    NGale wrote:

Would "Sir Dude Sir!" have been acceptable? :)

That is excellent service from Kona - great to hear.
  • prj45 wrote:
    Bad luck guys... cyclists and pedestrians really don't mix. :cry:

You're talking absolute shite there mate.

I cycle in and around pedestrians (and their dogs) on shared paths every day and haven't ever had a problem.

NIce statement, nothing like a rude polarized view limited on your local experience and opinion.

I have experienced this problem from both sides of the fence being a cyclist and dog walker. I have had problems from people using mixed use paths. Varying from kids wandering from side to side,random crazy dogs, to people just blocking the way.Also when you are walking the dog a fair amount of cycling ninjas with no bells.

However I have found a solution, I dont bother using them as it is not possible to get from a to b at any form of speed without wasting energy stop starting.Unless cyclists are segregated from the people/animals there will always be problems when cyclists want to go above crawling speed.

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • NGale
    biondino wrote:
    NGale wrote:

Would "Sir Dude Sir!" have been acceptable? :)

That is excellent service from Kona - great to hear.

Ahhhh I am trying to drag him into the 21st Century, but in a way his expectations of how he feels people should behave is endearing even if they are out of date.

As for Kona. I'm impressed myself and confirms that my looking towards a Kona Jake for myself won't be a bad buy at all.
  • All sounds to me like the OP was riding without proper due care and attention.

If there's something/somebody in front of you, common sense tells you to ride at an appropriate speed and distance behind so that you are able to stop.

Joggers not at fault here...
    Earn Cashback @ Wiggle, CRC, Evans, AW Cycles, Alpine Bikes, ProBikeKit, Cycles UK :

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/stewartmead
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    there will always be problems when cyclists want to go above crawling speed.

Seriously, by crawling speed you mean 10-15mph (slowing down to 5 and being prepared to stop if you come into close proximity to peds/dogs/cyclist crossing your path).

What's the problem with that?

Presumably you travel at just two speeds and two speeds only, stop and flat out?
  • prj45
    gbsahne wrote:
    .... but not this. If you're pootling around then yes fine but if you're travelling at speed there's no way you should be on a shared cycle path, which is why you'll never find me on a cycle path; far too dangerous for both pedestrians and me.

Another one that has two speeds and two speeds only (stop and flat out)?

Seriously guys/girls, you need to get over to Pistonheads, plenty of like minded X don't mix with Y speed freaks for you to get along with over there (where X = cycles/pedestrians and Y= cars)!
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    prj45 wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    .... but not this. If you're pootling around then yes fine but if you're travelling at speed there's no way you should be on a shared cycle path, which is why you'll never find me on a cycle path; far too dangerous for both pedestrians and me.

Another one that has two speeds and two speeds only (stop and flat out)?

and that's wrong because.....?

Trying to get home at night, the last thing I want to be doing is going at snails pace in order to stop hitting either an unlit cyclist on the path or a pedestrian weeving from side to side. If you have the time to do this, lucky you.
  • prj45
    gbsahne wrote:
    If you have the time to do this, lucky you.

Frankly, whatever maximum speed I choose to travel at it always takes me about the same time to get across town, an hour or so, whether I pootle through the park or whizz down the sides of it.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    good for you, if I were to pootle and use all the cycle paths (even though it's not compulsory to do so) then it would add 20mins to my journey.