How do you carry a pump and spare tube when riding?

2»

Comments

• SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    I stopped carrying tubes and pumps over a year ago due to not getting any punctures. It's been over 2 years since I had one.

Get some big volume tyres ;)
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    Everything goes in a Camelbak. pump, spare tubes, tools, etc etc
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • i shove a tube inside my seatpost (and cover the hole in a strip of sellotape) that way its out of the way but easy to hand when i need it.

pump is on water bottle cage bolts, and limiting its longevity by doing so is rubbish! my halfords 10pound one lasted about 5 years, and finally packed up on me in Namibia last year (after cycling there from Egpyt) when the sealing lever snapped. just take it apart and clean it every now and then!
    Stumpjumper Comp: was marketed as a "cross country" bike, but with a bit of effort and 4 months in the saddle, i can safely call it a "cross continent" bike! Africa down, 6 to go. 8) FCN 11
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    In my Karrimor re-fuel 8+2. That's 8 litres of storage, 2 litres of fluid. 8 litres doesn't sound much, but it's enough for mini pump, shock pump, spare tube, spare gloves, multi-tool, tyre levers, phone, keys, plasters, anti-septic wipes, toilet paper and my lunch and any snacks i have. It was £20 when i got it, but i think that was on special offer. there usually about £30
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    On the MTB - in a Camelback Mule

On the road bike - attached to the frame (Lezyne Road Drive) with repair kit in a saddle bag - you are not "allowed" to carry a backpack when road riding it seems!!
  • Currently carrying a pump in the side pocket of my combats. Spare tube in a saddle bag, but I hate the way it rattles about. Think I'll get a camelbak, but I hate backpacks when riding, especially in the summer when it's sweaty.
  • alexh1981
    alexh1981 Posts: 34
    i use this:
    3811302684_7a0dc2e7cd.jpg

from alpkit.com as it is big enough to put a jacket, tool kit, tubes food and water in (or fit bladder to) but not so big that everythng is flapping around. also it is 100% water proof, as in once closed properly it can go under water and best of all, was only 20 quid.

Just ordered one of these in blue after reading this- superb bargain i think! and arrived very quickly!

thanks
  • fletch8928
    fletch8928 Posts: 794
    I went OTT and got a Camelbak Mayhem. Everything fits in that. Pump, tubes, jacket, tools, spare wheels, frame, forks.

Ok I lied about the last few items.

I dont notice its on my back and in the summer it may well be a bit sweaty on my sweaty back :!: .
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    pHz wrote:
    BKBLIN.jpg

Win! I didn't like rucksacks because I was used to riding with rubbish ones, got one of these, now it goes with me basically every ride. Water, food, tools, jacket, and once it's on it's almost forgotten. More convenience, more weight off the bike. Don't think I'd go back to bottles etc.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    so what's it's name.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    That one's a Chaos. But tbh there's millions of good rucksacks out there now, it's probably not the best, I got it because it was cheap ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • 13ADL1X
    13ADL1X Posts: 151
    Why not wear the tubes like Jodie Marsh wears belts?
    The trail is long and my legs are burning but I can't stop smiling.
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    "Saddle bags look Gay". Darling, have you no sense of style.

Get a grip saddo!
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • Frostys
    Frostys Posts: 277
    Camelback MULE...... bags of room (scuse the pun) get two tubes levers multi tool pump lights leatherman showerproof jacket 3 litres of drink and plenty room for trail snacks.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Guerciotti Lyra Cross
    Trek 6000 S/S
  • Catfish
    Catfish Posts: 141
    Saddle bags are o.k untill they get coverd in crap and you can't undo the zip.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    My camelbak has in it:: Mini pump, (usually) spare tube, alien tool and puncture repair kit. So i am sorted for most things, plus its all easily carried.