Pozzato - this is just wrong

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Perhaps he misunderstood when his hairdresser said "Pippo, that Keegan bubble perm is soooo last year. Maybe you should consider a mullet?"

:D:D:D
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Nice to see FF focused on the important cycling issues as usual.

FF do you have a more panoramic shot, I need to check his shoe and sock colours, I like to determine a riders qualities from his colour sense, it's vital.

yawn..................................
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    He's at it again :lol:
    http://www.kdphotos.it/ritratti/Filippo ... llery.html
    The bike is not even in the 53x11.
    Pozzato02.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Italiano
    Italiano Posts: 75
    He even did an interview with italian Playboy.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    Is that not precisely what he is though?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    My missus was very happy with that pic.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    But I thought those sort of tatoos were for those involved in organised crime?
    I think you're out of touch. I used to think similar, or that tattoos were a working class preference, but not any more. One of my work colleagues, mid-30s, programme manager in the construction industry, university-educated, normal family life, suit-shirt-&-tie type, salary probably about £50,000 p.a., is absolutely covered in tattoos. I know as I run with him in the lunch break and the office has showers in its basement.
    And several other work & running colleagues in similar jobs are also tattoo-ed, if not so much, just maybe half as much as Pozzato.
    Although I only see the easily-visible ones, many women in their 30s whom I meet in running races also seem well endowed with tattoos.
    Also, several top professional footballers have extensive tattoos - they can both afford it and maybe go for it in their shallow egoistic thinking.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Kléber wrote:
    In Italy the carp is a fish that lives in muddy water and tastes horrible.
    You put a caught carp in the bath when you get home, change the water when you go bed, change it again next morning when you get up, and by that evening, when you cook it, it'll taste fine. Try with a horseradish sauce.
  • You put a caught carp in the bath when you get home, change the water when you go bed, change it again next morning when you get up, and by that evening, when you cook it, it'll taste fine. Try with a horseradish sauce.

Information I hadn't expected to learn by logging onto "BikeRadar"

How do you shower in the morning?

:)
  • frenchfighter
    Any guess?!
    38-1-20110122-_MG_6134-Edit.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Any guess?!

Michael Matthews? He's the only cyclist born on that day.

Edit: A quick google image search shows that was a damn good guess.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Hehe, that is too big of a clue - should of said without searching pro cyclist by birth date.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Thats a big carp!! Bet that hurt like crap where hes having it done !!
    Le Comm, I have this style tattoo also so guess I am also into organised crime?
    Nice tatts in link though.

Me too!! Damn...didn't know I was Yakuza!! :D
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Why would you have your own birthday tattooed on your back in 8-inch high numbers? Just... why? May as well have gone the whole hog and done an XXL version of Dave Gorman's tat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTxB2SVH-7s
  • frenchfighter
    Maybe because he is an idiot with no sense of style?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Maybe because he is an idiot with no sense of style?

Or sense of who is a good tattooist - that angel looks like prison ink. There's so many good artists out there and he get's *that* on him for life.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    knedlicky wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    In Italy the carp is a fish that lives in muddy water and tastes horrible.
    You put a caught carp in the bath when you get home, change the water when you go bed, change it again next morning when you get up, and by that evening, when you cook it, it'll taste fine. Try with a horseradish sauce.

I remember being in the Czech Republic over xmas and there were hundreds of large barrels of fish on the streets - i think that Carp is their xmas meal. I think they do it in Poland as well.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    richred_uk wrote:
    Maybe because he is an idiot with no sense of style?

Or sense of who is a good tattooist - that angel looks like prison ink. There's so many good artists out there and he get's *that* on him for life.

I'd be far more concerned with mole under the angel (or is it Icarus?) left wing
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    You've all enjoyed the photograph, now simply drool over the video! :wink:

I think it shows that Pozzato has a sense of humour. At least, I hope he was 'aving a larf...!
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    mroli wrote:
    I remember being in the Czech Republic over xmas and there were hundreds of large barrels of fish on the streets - i think that Carp is their xmas meal. I think they do it in Poland as well.

I'm sure this is right. My mate lived with a Czech girl for a while and when they visited her parents at Christmas he was greeted with dinner swimming in the bath. Also, just look at how many supermarkets stocked carp over the Christmas period.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    How do you get the carp home alive from where you caught it? I can just imagine sitting in a traffic jam with a fish flapping around on the back seat and someone periodically sprinkling it with a watering can in a desperate bid to keep the christmas dinner on track.

/never been fishing.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    ColinJ wrote:

I think it shows that Pozzato has a sense of humour. At least, I hope he was 'aving a larf...!

AAARRRGHHHHH

Purleese, Colin, I clicked on that link with an absent mind, and was assaulted by ..............THE WORST AD OF ALL TIME!

I'm away to pour myself a large gin and tonic to recover from the shock.
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Tusher wrote:
    AAARRRGHHHHH

Purleese, Colin, I clicked on that link with an absent mind, and was assaulted by ..............THE WORST AD OF ALL TIME!

:lol:
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Tusher wrote:
    ColinJ wrote:

AAARRRGHHHHH

You wouldn't be saying that if the subject was an unshaven, grumpy Manx sprinter!
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Quite correct- I would still be sitting here, oggling and drooling.

PS He's not grumpy. Only a teeny little bit, when he has every right to be. He's been the model of helpfulness to his team-mates during the TDU.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Is he actually in a race there? Would have thought it would be a DQ offence to ride with no jersey and therefore no jersey numbers (also thought you had to wear a helmet in UCI races?).
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pross wrote:
    Is he actually in a race there? Would have thought it would be a DQ offence to ride with no jersey and therefore no jersey numbers (also thought you had to wear a helmet in UCI races?).

He has Rabobank tattooed on his chest. Believe me, you don't want to see the race numbers.

He actually has 'Paula Allen' inked in big letters at the bottom of his back. I hope she doesn't dump him.

(This is all Matthews not Pozzato)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:
    He actually has 'Paula Allen' inked in big letters at the bottom of his back. I hope she doesn't dump him.

http://cyclingnews.posterous.com/michae ... h-of-bling
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Along similar lines of this thread :lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boDHwPNpgTU
    Contador is the Greatest