jodrell bank sportive

1235»

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Hmm just wondering if this is on again next year ? I did the 80m this year - parking fine, didn't need the loo, route fine - didn't get lost, I thought the whole ride was pretty nicely planned ? Feed stations fine but I always take food that I like myself. Food after wasn't free but I didn't think it was going to be. I knew the fee when I entered and was happy with that - it got me out on new roads early season.
    If you look at the ratings - they seem mixed - some love it some hate it ?
    I've also ridden the Cheshire cat a few times - always had to park on the roads for that - but what's the issue there ? Their route last time I did it wasn't great - 50 miles of Cheshire plain and then all the hills in the area in the last half.

There's no excuse fir not taking down the arrows after though - that's just littering.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Theyve stopped doing sportives apparently...

Wonder why?
  • cougie
    Aaah ! Ta !
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Theyve stopped doing sportives apparently...
    Apparently not:

http://road.cc/content/forum/28786-jodr ... losportive
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • I like this bit

"Now in it;s second year the Jodrell Bank Cyclosportive has established itself as one of the leading sportives in the North of England to kick off your season. "

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Anonymous
    Oh my. Wonder if they'll leave directions up for months again, and the organiser will make a complete tool of themselves on a cycling forum then have to delete his posts?...
  • Probably not as I'm not attending this year.

I'd love to know what the posts were that he deleted about me :? :lol:
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Anonymous
    They weren't just about you, he was ranting about cyclists in general too!
  • Ahhhh right. That's the best way to encourage people to purchase your product. I find a good sagging off always encourages me to dig deep into my pockets.

Have the signs gone yet or has he left them up for this year?
  • cougie
    I really couldnt see what was bad about the event myself. It was only when I looked online i saw what a slagging it got - but clearly not from everyone.

I think I'll probably do it again.

I agree its not professional to slag punters off on line, but you'd need the patient of a saint with the whining that some cyclists do.

I remember when we had to put the club monthly subs up by £1 a month - we got hammered for it. But these guys think nothing of spending £1000s on bikes and £100s on sunglasses etc etc etc.
  • mrchrispy
    mrchrispy Posts: 310
    nice early season ride, probably one to stealth along on.
  • Taking account of all the dreadful reviews of this event from last year, I will be 'free-riding' the 2011 event. In other words, following the route on the public highway, not using the controls and not paying an entry fee, but I will be joining friends on the route on that day. Anyone else interested?
  • Taking account of all the dreadful reviews of this event from last year, I will be 'free-riding' the 2011 event. In other words, following the route on the public highway, not using the controls and not paying an entry fee, but I will be joining friends on the route on that day. Anyone else interested?

If you're not going to pay you'd better not block up the bog either.