London centric post on todays commute to the City

2»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Sewinman wrote:
    Check out the plans on the TFL website - not hugely inspiring, a few signs, some blue paint and some new ASLs....from what i can gather.

Good job it's only going to cost £1 billion :shock: but seriously how do/can they spend all that money and have quite literally nothing to show for it?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    itboffin wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    Check out the plans on the TFL website - not hugely inspiring, a few signs, some blue paint and some new ASLs....from what i can gather.

Good job it's only going to cost £1 billion :shock: but seriously how do/can they spend all that money and have quite literally nothing to show for it?

I'm no supporter of this scheme - but as i understand it - the first two schemes - the ones going in now - are being put in very much on the cheap...with no consultation - and it's a rush job to quite a tight deadline.

And that money is the currently available budget - If nothing gets done then it won;t cost all that money - the hope is with all that cash avaialble, with the political will and cyclists getting involved with the consultation process maybe something WILL get done, beyond just blue paint being spilled everywhere.

I think the sort of thing in their remit will be junction redesigns, extra parking where it's needed and even removal of major gyratories. Once the consultations start I'm planning on putting in a load of items from my personal wish list - as one of the routes looks like being my commute in.