where would you rather stay - b&b or campsite?

2»

Comments

• biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    supersonic wrote:
    If BB it must have good bike security.

get double bed , room for bike :wink::wink:
    :lol:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    weeksy59 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    cheers for the replies guys.

yeah i thought that bike security would be high on everyones lists, along with possibly a bike wash? decent grub served on site? bar on site?

All sound ideal to me.

Human washplace would be important too of course.

oh yeah,i should have said that - in my head i was thinking that was a given :oops:

cheers for the replies aswell :D
  • nikstar1
    nikstar1 Posts: 103
    I would definitely choose the B&B option. Locking up my bike is most important and on a campsite in an area good for riding you are bound to get some thieves hanging around.

Also after a long hard day riding there is nothing like a hot shower and clean sheets to jump into at night - obviously after a good old drinking session :)
  • CycloRos
    CycloRos Posts: 579
    Voted campsite but not in no cheap ass tent :P campervan all the way! electric hookup, fan heater and a decent sleeping bag for the winter, bbq and beers in the summer can't beat it IMO. Plus Camping gives you more freedom to move around during a trip too.
    Current Rides -
    Charge Cooker, Ragley mmmBop, Haro Mary SS 29er
    Pics!
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Isnt this really just about age and/or income? I'd be interested to know how many riders over say 30 plumped for the camping option.

It is fantastic to sit on a deckchair in front of your tent, your mates beside you, bottle of ice-cold beer (cooled in the babbling mountain stream nearby) in hand and the smell of the BBQ in your nostrils, watching the sun go down over the verdant hils (and not a midgy in sight) with your bone dry riding gear (because the trails were hard packed and perfect) freshening up in the light evening breeze as you recount the day's triumphs.

Let's face it though, that's a rare experience - huddled in the cramped entrance of your tent watching the rain sheeting down with a cold bag of chips and a warm coke and the stench of your sodden riding shorts and boots making you gag; that's the one I'm more familiar with!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hmmm I'm a camper myself.

in north wales i stay at a little sheep farm, and its near no where. so peacful light a fire have a few beers, then curl up. as long as we have a shower its all good.
  • welshkev
    Paulie W wrote:
    Isnt this really just about age and/or income? I'd be interested to know how many riders over say 30 plumped for the camping option.

It is fantastic to sit on a deckchair in front of your tent, your mates beside you, bottle of ice-cold beer (cooled in the babbling mountain stream nearby) in hand and the smell of the BBQ in your nostrils, watching the sun go down over the verdant hils (and not a midgy in sight) with your bone dry riding gear (because the trails were hard packed and perfect) freshening up in the light evening breeze as you recount the day's triumphs.

Let's face it though, that's a rare experience - huddled in the cramped entrance of your tent watching the rain sheeting down with a cold bag of chips and a warm coke and the stench of your sodden riding shorts and boots making you gag; that's the one I'm more familiar with!
    I'm 32 and love camping, I'd vote camping I'm off up to northwales biking next month and am camping. With my job I'm away from home 2 or 3 nights a week staying in hotels and I love the freedom of camping :-) I appreciate the responses of a warm bed and hot showers though :-)
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    welshkev wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

I'm 32 and love camping, I'd vote camping I'm off up to northwales biking next month and am camping. With my job I'm away from home 2 or 3 nights a week staying in hotels and I love the freedom of camping :-) I appreciate the responses of a warm bed and hot showers though :-)

You're Welsh though, it's not like you're used to central heating :)

You just sleep next to 2 sheep instead of 1 if it's cold don't you ?
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    edited March 2010
    When I set off for my little cycling tour of Norfolk and Suffolk later this year I'll mainly camping and a little bit of YHA for the showers, proper cooking facilities, and a full English breakfast.

The thing about camping is that it feels properly outdoors - nothing is better that waking up in the middle of a forest - or right next to the sea - if the weather's good that is. I love it.
    Paulie W wrote:
    Isnt this really just about age and/or income? I'd be interested to know how many riders over say 30 plumped for the camping option

I'm 43 - still prefer camping. My wife hates it though - so I don't do as much as I would like.
  • welshkev
    weeksy59 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

I'm 32 and love camping, I'd vote camping I'm off up to northwales biking next month and
    am camping. With my job I'm away from home 2 or 3 nights a week staying in hotels and I love the freedom of camping :-) I appreciate the responses of a warm bed and hot showers though :-)

You're Welsh though, it's not like you're used to central heating :)

You just sleep next to 2 sheep instead of 1 if it's cold don't you ?

that's it you're banned from riding any of our trail centres ever again! :-)
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Do i have to divorce the wife who's from St Davids too ?
  • welshkev
    weeksy59 wrote:
    Do i have to divorce the wife who's from St Davids too ?

ah, that explains how you know about the sheep, you cuddle up to them aswell when you go camping :lol: