the day the immigrunts (sic) left

fast as fupp
fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
edited March 2010 in The bottom bracket
bbc1 now

should be interesting.................................................

edited for the benefit of allez marc
'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'

Comments

• must not bite

must not bite

must not bite

must not bite

nnnnnnggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • Had to watch something else, will watch it on iplayer.

Saw this promoting it and do want to see it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8533172.stm
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Quite an interesting programme in the end.

It was interesting to see the difference in attitude between the foreign workers and the British workers, and the change in British workers' attitudes through the programme.

The funniest part was the chubby female secretary picking more asparagus than the 2 blokes who were apparently desperate to work. There's a lot of talk about wanting to work hard without following it up with hard work, or even turning up in some cases.
  • that poor fat lad in the restaurant- couldnt even tie a necktie-at least he turned up though- what on earth are our schools turning out???
  • what on earth are our schools turning out???

People who type "he day the immigrunts left" :)
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    must not bite

must not bite

must not bite

must not bite

*Poke* Immigrants ruin this country with their living off benefits, stealing jobs, being racist, beating up harmless whites etc etc. *Poe poke*

DEY TOOK OURR JOBS!

*pokey poke*
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Allez Mark wrote:
    what on earth are our schools turning out???

People who type "he day the immigrunts left" :)

Oh, I say!

Good work fellow!!!

im entitled to speak my branes arent i? :D
  • nolf wrote:
    must not bite

must not bite

must not bite

must not bite

*Poke* Immigrants ruin this country with their living off benefits, stealing jobs, being racist, beating up harmless whites etc etc. *Poe poke*

DEY TOOK OURR JOBS!

*pokey poke*

nope sorry nolfe im not biting, becasue we all know its England / britain hating liberal piety that has caused the most damage (and continues to) Independant thinking not allowed and all that.
  • I noticed it was only the skilled joiner who turned up and put in a proper shift out of the brits, indeed he was kept on to finish the job. The unskilled "labour" seemed to have a different attitude and TBH if I were an employer I wouldn't have employed them wherever they came from.

It's all about work ethic. The place of your birth has nowt to do with it.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Is this a reference to statistics showing that immigrants and asylum seekers are apparently leaving the UK in record numbers? Isn't it funny how they all decide to leave just before a general election? Spin, spinny, spin from Nu Lab. Don't believe the hype...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,721
    Is this a reference to statistics showing that immigrants and asylum seekers are apparently leaving the UK in record numbers? Isn't it funny how they all decide to leave just before a general election? Spin, spinny, spin from Nu Lab. Don't believe the hype...

I'm pretty sure that has everything to do with the fact there are fewer jobs around in the UK which continues to see rising unemployment and nothing to do with the general election.
  • Is this a reference to statistics showing that immigrants and asylum seekers are apparently leaving the UK in record numbers? Isn't it funny how they all decide to leave just before a general election? Spin, spinny, spin from Nu Lab. Don't believe the hype...

Quite, Nu Lbour being the cynical twunts that had a policy of encouraging un controlled immigration to change the voting landscape for ever in their favour. for me it has the same cynical unpleasent taste that the Nazi policies have though in a 180deg sort of way.

Its not a policy thats benn denied btw. the closest to denial has been an acknowledgement that it was a happy by product of the "need" to fill the skills shortage. Cause after all we were short of somali goat herding skills.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Is this a reference to statistics showing that immigrants and asylum seekers are apparently leaving the UK in record numbers? ...
    No, it was speculation about what would happen if the immigrants all left at once. Could and / or would the Brits fill the vacant jobs.

Still on iPlayer.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Is this a reference to statistics showing that immigrants and asylum seekers are apparently leaving the UK in record numbers? Isn't it funny how they all decide to leave just before a general election? Spin, spinny, spin from Nu Lab. Don't believe the hype...

Quite, Nu Lbour being the cynical twunts that had a policy of encouraging un controlled immigration to change the voting landscape for ever in their favour. for me it has the same cynical unpleasent taste that the Nazi policies have though in a 180deg sort of way.

Its not a policy thats benn denied btw. the closest to denial has been an acknowledgement that it was a happy by product of the "need" to fill the skills shortage. Cause after all we were short of somali goat herding skills.

"Hey , I think i've got a live one!"
  • I noticed it was only the skilled joiner who turned up and put in a proper shift out of the brits, indeed he was kept on to finish the job. The unskilled "labour" seemed to have a different attitude and TBH if I were an employer I wouldn't have employed them wherever they came from.

It's all about work ethic. The place of your birth has nowt to do with it.

The place of Birth appeared to have everything to do with work ethic. The Foreigners appeared to Work hard while those born here didnt want to :wink: . The Girl picking the asparagus putting the blokes to shame was good, especially the lanky streak of pee teenager who laughed when told that he had made £23 for the day. "I was gonna lamp 'im one", no, he would have kicked your ar5e pal. Then the poor Farmer then has to dip into his own pocket to make their Wages up to Minimum because they didnt Work hard enough :shock: .

"This is Yuri", "Oh well thats me buggered isnt it, I will just call him Bill".

I wish the Presenter had given a figure or a percentage of how many applicants had asked on their applications if this would effect their Benefits instead of just mentioning it. That teen getting £80 to play his xbox all day and texting them at midnight the night before he was meant to start "Just got in, dont feel well cant make it tomorrow, sorry".

I do hope it changes a few Minds about Foreigners, perhaps even one or two on here, but then again I hope not, as I find little Englanders bloody funny :P
  • stewie- if you find little englanders, daily heil readers and other assorted tw@s funny check out here-

http://ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com/

:D
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287

Wasn't open immigration a result of legislation passed in the 1950's which allowed members of the commonwealth to enter the Uk and work here freely? No one really cared at the time, and I think it was seen as a solution to the chronic labour shortage following the war.

Just an FYI for you there.

Also technically the nazis only started expelling people after they were in power, having gained an overwhelming majority of votes cast already. So there wouldn't seem to have been much point in expelling them to change the nature of the electorate would there?

Also you're ignoring the inclusion of Austria into the 3rd Reich which greatly expanded the number of voters.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • nolf wrote:

Wasn't open immigration a result of legislation passed in the 1950's which allowed members of the commonwealth to enter the Uk and work here freely? No one really cared at the time, and I think it was seen as a solution to the chronic labour shortage following the war.

Just an FYI for you there.

Also technically the nazis only started expelling people after they were in power, having gained an overwhelming majority of votes cast already. So there wouldn't seem to have been much point in expelling them to change the nature of the electorate would there?

Also you're ignoring the inclusion of Austria into the 3rd Reich which greatly expanded the number of voters.

Im talking about principles. Also the sort of immigration weve sen recently was specifically to keep the tories out of power for ever. that is nothing to do with need for labour and everything to do with selfish self agradesment.
  • Im talking about principles. Also the sort of immigration weve sen recently was specifically to keep the tories out of power for ever. that is nothing to do with need for labour and everything to do with selfish self agradesment.

do you have any facts to justify that statement or are you just spouting your usual right-wing rubbish?

*awaits 'nonce' insult*
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Im talking about principles. Also the sort of immigration weve sen recently was specifically to keep the tories out of power for ever. that is nothing to do with need for labour and everything to do with selfish self agradesment.

do you have any facts to justify that statement or are you just spouting your usual right-wing rubbish?

*awaits 'nonce' insult*

I must say it sounds even more like rubbish than usual on here - the major change in immigration policy during this government has been the decision to allow free movement of workers from the new EU states. For some reason only the UK, Ireland and Sweden seemed to think that was a good idea. I think that may have been a mistake to be honest. Don't see how that is going to "change the electorate" though - these people aren't going to even have a vote over here unless I'm missing something. And the reason they are starting to leave has precisely nothing to do with "Nu Labour" spin and a forthcoming election - how are Labour supposed to effect that exactly? Unless I've missed some reverse in policy that nobody has bothered to mention? They are leaving because the economic factors that encouraged them to come in the first place are ceasing to apply. Based on that programme the other night (and my own general experience) if/when they do "go home", we'll be well and truly stuffed.
  • ok here you go from another thread

The first from the telegraph highlighting the plan to make GB multicultural through mass immigration, the second from the guardian (not a right wing paper so presumably beyond reproach) with the same guy saying it had been twisted by a right wing paper and that the “Main” purpose of policy was to meet a skills gap. Presumably a secondary goal was mass cultural change.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/6418456/Labour-wanted-mass-immigration-to-make-UK-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/26/labour-immigration-plot-andrew-neather[url][/url]

And as far as im aware im not citing right or left wing views, just a sense of disgust at the lack of pride in britain that seems endemic in the current govermnent.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    ok here you go from another thread

The first from the telegraph highlighting the plan to make GB multicultural through mass immigration, the second from the guardian (not a right wing paper so presumably beyond reproach) with the same guy saying it had been twisted by a right wing paper and that the “Main” purpose of policy was to meet a skills gap. Presumably a secondary goal was mass cultural change.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/6418456/Labour-wanted-mass-immigration-to-make-UK-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/26/labour-immigration-plot-andrew-neather[url][/url]

And as far as im aware im not citing right or left wing views, just a sense of disgust at the lack of pride in britain that seems endemic in the current govermnent.

One, that's quite a big presumption isn't it? Or are you being swayed by the (I'll put my neck out here) right wing press?

Two, is it endemic in the current government or is it endemic in the lazy unskilled people that were shown up by that documentary? The immigrants came to do jobs that teh British weren't prepared to do. Looks like the British still aren't prepared to do them and would rather sign on whilst going to the gym / playing computer games. I felt for the carpenter, and obviously a lot of other people are suffering in the current economic climate but you can't just ignore the fact that for the most part these are jobs that "we" aren't willing to do.
  • MatHammond wrote:
    ok here you go from another thread

One, that's quite a big presumption isn't it? Or are you being swayed by the (I'll put my neck out here) right wing press?

No Im being swayed by the actions of the current government. these are my observations, doubtless ill be given plenty of opportunity to be dissapointed in whoever comes next too.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    On the question of these figures being "spin", Central and Eastern European countries have noticed the effects of a load of their people returning, I know from my experiences there that people no longer see the UK as a latter-day Eldorado, as they did just a few short years ago.
  • johnfinch wrote:
    On the question of these figures being "spin", Central and Eastern European countries have noticed the effects of a load of their people returning, I know from my experiences there that people no longer see the UK as a latter-day Eldorado, as they did just a few short years ago.

yes youre right, i personally never had a problem with the Europeans i do have a concern that the psunami of unskilled ecconomic migrants from other parts of the world and in Particular Africa is unsustainable on many levels
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I thought tha programme was pretty good although only one or two of the Brits deserved a job in my view.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • johnfinch wrote:

yes youre right, i personally never had a problem with the Europeans i do have a concern that the psunami of unskilled ecconomic migrants from other parts of the world and in Particular Africa is unsustainable on many levels

so you dont mind economic migrants so long as they are not black- i guess that makes you a racist?

and its tsumami you racist punani
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    johnfinch wrote:

so you dont mind economic migrants so long as they are not black- i guess that makes you a racist?

and its tsumami you racist punani

I assume you don't travel much. There are plenty of black Europeans.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • yer kidding?
  • When I wrote it has nowt to do with where you're from it's about your work ethic I meant exactly that. Not all foreigners are grafters, not all Brits are idlers.

TBH I was embarassed by the Brits in that programme. The next day I priced up a small bunch of asperagus in Tesco, £2 each the pickers were getting 38p a Kilo.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.