Forgetting your clothes.

2»

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Hrrmmph. I've always bough kit with an eye on weekend rides rather than the commute - so the jacket was bought with winter/spring rides in mind rather than the commute. Maybe I should re-evaluate and buy some cheaper stuff for the commute. I'm normally very careful with my possessions though.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Hrrmmph. I've always bough kit with an eye on weekend rides rather than the commute - so the jacket was bought with winter/spring rides in mind rather than the commute. Maybe I should re-evaluate and buy some cheaper stuff for the commute. I'm normally very careful with my possessions though.

Yeah, I never use anything expensive for work/the commute. My commute bike is an old 531 steel job, my clothes are cheap cotton T shirts amd Decathlon lycra and the clothes I actually wear in the office are cheap - M&S multi pack non iron shirts and smart casual trousers from Gap that can be shoved in the wash. Just pure practicality. I do have some expensive gear that I reserve for weekend rides with Dulwich Paragon and my normal weekend clothes - jeans, shirts etc - are more expensive than my work stuff
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Pffft, at least most of you lot are just forgetting to bring clothing in. I hung my 1 month old Castelli Mannaggia Jacket up in a different spot to usual in the shower room at work yesterday and promptly forgot it. By the time I remembered it had gone and no one has handed it in, cleaner hasn't seen it etc. So some c*nt has helped themselves to £200 worth of Castelli loveliness and I have only myself to blame.

I am apoplectic with rage this morning. Going to have to spend January's hard won commission on replacing the damn thing as it was a fricking excellent piece of kit.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

WTF???? you've sent a mail to the company I assume (or is it open to other people?) It's quite likely a cleaner has put it somewhere

We're in a shared development - lots of small companies. I intend to knock on doors and drop notes in pigeon holes, but given the size of the development I'd have expected it to have been handed in yesterday. Centre manager has spoken to the cleaner who claims not to have seen it. I'm hoping it may turn up, but am thoroughly f*cked off..

I went to the gym yesterday and forgot to put my £30 Altura hi viz jacket in the locker with the rest of my stuff. An hour and a half later it was still there in all it's faded and sweaty glory - no one had touched it. I guess that's the benefit of wearing sweaty, cheap cr@p

or being surrounded by honest gym goers
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • A few months back I got changed after cycling in and thought my jeans felt a bit odd - turned out I'd grabbed a pair of my wife's jeans from the cupboard before setting off. I think my day's cross-dressing went undetected.

Women's trousers do have small pockets though...
  • I forgot my bra a couple of times. :oops: Thank god for that shopping mall in Canary Wharf!

Worst thing is to have to text my boss to tell him I'm running late because...... :lol:
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    A few months back I got changed after cycling in and thought my jeans felt a bit odd - turned out I'd grabbed a pair of my wife's jeans from the cupboard before setting off. I think my day's cross-dressing went undetected.

Women's trousers do have small pockets though...

I wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting into my partner's jeans...

...cos we've been married for 5 years...Boom Boom! :lol:
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Pffft, at least most of you lot are just forgetting to bring clothing in. I hung my 1 month old Castelli Mannaggia Jacket up in a different spot to usual in the shower room at work yesterday and promptly forgot it. By the time I remembered it had gone and no one has handed it in, cleaner hasn't seen it etc. So some c*nt has helped themselves to £200 worth of Castelli loveliness and I have only myself to blame.

I am apoplectic with rage this morning. Going to have to spend January's hard won commission on replacing the damn thing as it was a fricking excellent piece of kit.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

WTF???? you've sent a mail to the company I assume (or is it open to other people?) It's quite likely a cleaner has put it somewhere

We're in a shared development - lots of small companies. I intend to knock on doors and drop notes in pigeon holes, but given the size of the development I'd have expected it to have been handed in yesterday. Centre manager has spoken to the cleaner who claims not to have seen it. I'm hoping it may turn up, but am thoroughly f*cked off..

I went to the gym yesterday and forgot to put my £30 Altura hi viz jacket in the locker with the rest of my stuff. An hour and a half later it was still there in all it's faded and sweaty glory - no one had touched it. I guess that's the benefit of wearing sweaty, cheap cr@p

or being surrounded by honest gym goers

Yeah, and in a gym everyone has to swipe in and swipe out, so it seems theft is less likely.

IP, you muppet. I feel your pain though, that's awful. Get another one, you won't forget it again!
  • A few years back when my Twins were 4 months I managed to get in a bit of a muddle with tied up plastic bags...

One had last nights nappies in and one had my Sarnies/Underwear/Shirt for the day.

Managed to Bin my shirt and put the nappies in my sucksack and cycle in. Nice surprise when I got to work..they were going through the chicken Korma stage at the time!!! :oops:
    It\'s not what we own, but what we value that makes us rich.
  • Headhuunter
    A few years back when my Twins were 4 months I managed to get in a bit of a muddle with tied up plastic bags...

One had last nights nappies in and one had my Sarnies/Underwear/Shirt for the day.

Managed to Bin my shirt and put the nappies in my sucksack and cycle in. Nice surprise when I got to work..they were going through the chicken Korma stage at the time!!! :oops:

You b@stard, I was just having lunch!
  • A few years back when my Twins were 4 months I managed to get in a bit of a muddle with tied up plastic bags...

Chicken Korma?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Headhuunter
    A few years back when my Twins were 4 months I managed to get in a bit of a muddle with tied up plastic bags...

Chicken Korma?

Never again....
  • risi
    risi Posts: 231
    I've forgotten trousers once - fortunately a kind colleague went to the shops & got me some. Usually though I go for the big bag of clothes under the desk approach. Occasionally, they get taken home to get washed... :oops:

But my worst forgetting clothes moment has to be my wedding day. I got married at Big White mountain in Canada & realised the night before the wedding that I had no shirt. No one else with me was anywhere near the same size, so it was a morning dash to Kelowna (about 30 miles iirc) to find a decent shirt. The man in the shop even got his iron out to make sure it looked nice.

@KB: oh yes Korma sauce. At a certain point, baby poo does a rather good impression of it. Naturally, these days I go for a different type of curry (not that, you know, I would ever admit to having eaten a korma anyway. That's for the laydees).
    Specialized Allez
    Trek 6500
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051

I think you win!
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I forget my trousers at least once a month. I end up having to work in my cycle gear - it's one of the perks of being an environmental advisor I guess that noone seems surprised, and my manager has never objected.

That wasn't true when I was still an engineer - I had to nip across to the cheap clothes shop in the Elephant and Castle shopping centre more than once.

I used to have all my shirts at work and just got them cleaned in the local chinese laundry place, but I don;t have room for that now. I tend to take a pair of trousers and T shirt in on Monday - and a change mid-week - and so on. sometimes I take the dirty clothes home and forget to bring clean ones in.

I'm commando today though and in wet socks - keep forgetting about spare underwear when it rains, godammit!!
  • Aidy wrote:
    I'm still quite tempted to leave a week's worth of clothes permanently in the office, and spend one lunchtime a week in a laundrette.

I leave a full wardrobe of clothes at work, take the used stuff home with me on the bike and do an evening run in the car once a week or so with my fresh laundry. The drawback is the ironing as I have to be shirt and tie smart.