Tour of Qatar Stage 3 **(Spoiler)**

2»

Comments

• pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    I like Bennatti - he's a gent, but was well out of it.
    What happened to EBH.............and prehaps, more importantly, Farrar?

Boonen/Haussler certainy fast finishers, but not pure sprinters these days - where were they? And Phinney???

Strange old race this one!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,869

Boonen/Haussler certainy fast finishers, but not pure sprinters these days - where were they? And Phinney???

farrar simply doesn't have the legs.... just couldn't go with the moves as wheels passed him right and left...

as he tried leaving the wheel in front to move onto the cervelo lads he went backwards

previous day he made the front group in the crosswinds but had nothing in the tank for the end...

needs a few more miles before we see him contest
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Re-watching the video two things strike me:

- Boonen is about 10 back coming into the finishing straight and pulls back the metres expertly.
    - Someone bunny hops over the crashed rider and continues sprinting; pretty cool.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630

farrar simply doesn't have the legs.... just couldn't go with the moves as wheels passed him right and left...

as he tried leaving the wheel in front to move onto the cervelo lads he went backwards

previous day he made the front group in the crosswinds but had nothing in the tank for the end...

needs a few more miles before we see him contest

I don't think Farrar likes these finishes with a lot of pushing and scrapping. He gets pushed out of the right wheels very easily, it seems. Give him a nice fast finish with a good train and he'll be there.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    He's just too nice a boy, isn't he?

Did I read somewhere that he's Buddhist? I've never seen a Buddhist in a fight or even a scrap, come to think about it.