(un)official Bike radar MTB kit

13»

Comments

• jadamson
    jadamson Posts: 644
    The Big Cheese

ill email you the email i got from BR, it seems like we have semi permission to design something... bit confusing though as i think they thought that i was actually able to print them myself but ive replied attempting to clear that up.
  • mkf
    mkf Posts: 242
    +1 with lawman small br logo maybe round collar not a massive one on the chest and some mesh
    venting down both sides
  • jadamson wrote:
    The Big Cheese

ill email you the email i got from BR, it seems like we have semi permission to design something... bit confusing though as i think they thought that i was actually able to print them myself but ive replied attempting to clear that up.

Yep, does look like that doesn't it.

Ill get something mocked up end of week when I am quieter work wise,

bikeradar around the collar, larger logo on the chest. Blue (darker than the one pictured) as I can sample the blue of the BR logo.

Because of the Pantone of the logo, I suggest either a white 'body' with blue arms/side panels?

You need the body to be white to emphasise the BR livery.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    can we have a black and a white version and can we have our names on them?

or can we have what is referred to in the military as subdued graphics, eg this is a subdued union flag:

union%20jacks.gif

but no stripes of any kind.
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    can we have a black and a white version and can we have our names on them?

or can we have what is referred to in the military as subdued graphics, eg this is a subdued union flag:

union%20jacks.gif

but no stripes of any kind.

Good Idea that, I would go with that as well. I like the idea of being able to put your name on It, would probably go for my forum name.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • I go for the Union Jack on them. But full colour UJ would be nice and then lose the WC stipes perhaps, otherswise it may be a little drab, but defo good to get the union jack on there.

Also, like the forum ID on there, good idea. Just may bump up the batch costs which will impact the unit price that we pay (up to £10 extra per shirt)

Blue and white shirts (maybe a hint of grey or black)

Union jack on their somewhere (ill incorporate it into design) with forum name maybe running along the collar perhaps?
  • Anonymous
    id prefer the whole thing to be subdued, i wasnt specifically looking for a union flag on there, twas just an example of what i meant by subdued using an easily recogniseable example.

a big loud "LOOK AT ME I USE BIKE RADAR" type shirt would look websters, summat more discreet would be infinitely more wearable for me, im sure there are plenty of folk who would feel the same unless this is a forum full of webbos.
  • The main problem with designing a legitimate shirt such as this, is the legailities over copyright, in order to get this idea sanctioned it must follow within the BR 'brand guidelines' which 'normally' any variation of the colour of the website livery, which is low key and not garish in the least. TBH I don't want to look like a wannabe sponsored rider. I do want it to look cool though.

So we have:

2 grey pantones

2 blue pantones

Black, and white.

So shirt would have to be a variation of the above.

All of the above work well together, and once I have worked my magic will look ace. NOT that I am modest or anything 8)

TBH the 'naming' may not be an option as that makes every unit bespoke which will massively put up costs. However, you could always get it done yourself once the shirt is purchased.

Undortunately it's not just a case of throwing a logo on wherever you want when using brands such as this.

I think the silvery grey may make a good base colour for the jersey.

Maybe 3 designs with input from both us and BR, and a poll on the successful entry?
  • Anonymous
    can we change the words "the world" into "your mum"?
  • can we change the words "the world" into "your mum"?

Tippex is your friend.
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    this is starting to come together isn't it, i like the mock up, just not sure about WC stripes, i'll defer judgement till "le grand manitou" knocks up a more professional proposal, like the sound of BikeRadar round the collar (vee?).

maybe the silver/grey background with the blue side panels and white piping between?

what about the forum quote idea has that been trashed?
    Fancy a brew?
  • Anonymous
    jadamson wrote:
    dont need to have WC stripes on it but its been an idea froma few people, as i say its only the 1st design so keep yuor ideas coming in.

also does anyone know any good publishers who could produce the jerseys for us as bikeradar are very interested in it. (talking via email) :D

Righto, I can do a professional proof when it's been finalised and I am less busy, end of the week probably.

I have done a fair few clothing design so can do it professionally and provide ready to go artwork.

Once it's been cleared by BR/designs approved happy days

I like the design above, but going down the bespoke cycling route, will bump up unit costs no end, so we are better off approaching Endura (who make retrobikes kit) and seeing if a relationship could be forged.

However, would need massive buy in from the BR community as you would need to order shite loads to make it worthwhile.

Sheeps - WC stripes are cool - fact ;)

I'm sponsored by a company called Champion System who are a US based company. They have a minimum order of 10 units which may be a bit more appealing. Their rate is flat regardless of colours/design and they could pretty much do anything you liked. If you want me to put you in touch with the European distributor (although Im pretty sure theres a UK one now) I could do that. And they would give you a decent price if you said I referred you.

Might even be worth just getting a quote off them as a comparison to Endura.
  • Youd need to get in touch (if you don't mind ;) ) with Jadamson (OP) who can forward it on to BR to keep things simple (Im just the orchestrator of the design process)

Sounds great and thanks so much for posting this, could be interesting!!! :D
  • Anonymous
    I've contacted Jadamson. Hopefully I'm not too late! The internet in Australia is terrible! :?

Im almost certain they'd be cheaper than the likes of Endura, ImpSport and the rest. Don't see the harm in asking them for a quote.

I want to get some BikeRadar stuff to and I can at least vouch for the quality of the gear!

Here's a link: http://champ-sys.com/custom/cycling/?___store=default

Cheers

Stu
  • Anonymous
    Just had a look at the other thread. I think something's already been sorted :lol:

*But if anyone is looking for well priced club cycling kit let me know and I'll put you in touch with the UK rep.
  • Havent heard anything lately, whats the 'other thread' ? :?
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    if we are going for stripes, maybe these would be a good idea?

I have some of these....http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=48838 :)
  • Anonymous
    Havent heard anything lately, whats the 'other thread' ? :?

The guys in the Road Bike forum (see OP) have been told that there's some official Bike Radar stuff being made. Although it's only lycra and Champ Sys do BMX/ Downhill stuff too 8)
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    bikeradarjerseyattempt1.jpg

I vote this in a standard Tshirt fit.
  • Andy wrote:

I'd buy/wear it. :wink:
    Giant Reign - now sold :-(
    Rockhopper Pro - XC and commuting
    DH8 - New toy :-)
  • i like the design, i would buy it as long as its nice n baggy and comes in large sizes,lol
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Andy wrote:

+1
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • i like the design, i would buy it as long as its nice n baggy and comes in large sizes,lol

+1
  • Andy wrote:

+1
    +2
  • jadamson
    jadamson Posts: 644
    Ive sent another email to BR about our recent updates so ill let you know when I hear back :D
  • Anonymous
    Andy wrote:
    if we are going for stripes, maybe these would be a good idea?

I have some of these....http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=48838 :)

that doesnt suprise me in the slightest!! :lol: