Big mashy of small gear spinny

2»

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    The smaller cogs at the front/bottom of the cassette (the last three) will offer a straighter line when you are in the smaller front rings (the middle) on my crankset.

Really? That seems strange. Generally, big front ring corresponds to smaller cassette rings, middle front ring corresponds to the middle cassette rings and small front ring to bigger cassette rings.

If the smaller front rings are aligned to your middle ring, the big ring won't be aligned with anything. I don't understand why anyone would design a bike any other way.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Perhaps I'm wrong then.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Park Tools

Couldn't get the link to just the image to work...
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I'm faster than all of you! :evil:

pram.jpg
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Hahaha!!! Great pic!! :P
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • bradford
    bradford Posts: 195
    Bigger the better!! I have been riding around Soton and The New Forest on the big ring for years! Really satisfying :lol: What i mean is i hate spinning around on the lower cogs like Kylie :roll: I like to get a head of steam up on the big ring,but the only trouble is you become a bit of a red light jumper :oops: due to the momentum ya carrying and not wanting to slow down! :( I blame Jan Ullrich :x