Chris Carmichael's Time Crunched Cyclist training plan

13»

Comments

• Matthewp wrote:
    The first poster makes a good point about not really following the plan. But I am coming off a summer of triathlons so I do have some level of aerobic base. As regards the reading the book comment, there is an implication in the examples used (such as Taylor Carrington) that racing through the program, while not ideal, is doable.

Either way I guess I give it a shot swapping the first 2 Tuesday workouts for a race and then racing every Sunday.

Thanks.

Matthew, you should have PM and email. Let me know if you received CX training plan.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • bearwi11z
    bearwi11z Posts: 12
    edited May 2023
    I have also been doing the new century and currently on week 8, but a little confused with the over unders in this session.
    60 - 90 min. EM with 4x 2min. PI(2min. RBI) : Rest 8min; 4x 3min. OU (2U,1O)(3min. RBI)
    I understand the beginning that's fairly simple, but its the over unders I'm not to sure about.
    Does it mean a 3minute interval 2U/1O, followed by 3mins at Z2 to recover, for 4x?
    For me it doesn't sound like too much stress with the rest in between each individual O/U, or is it meant to be stressful?
    I probably get more stress from doing another set of PI, or a do the O/U as a 12min set of 4x 2U/1O, without the 3min RBI.

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated from this feed.

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    Replied on your other thread as well:

I also struggled with this book in the first instance, and misunderstood exactly this, as I was brand new to structured training.

Yes it means the 3 minute sessions are comprised of 2 minutes under threshold, 1 minute over, and then 3 minutes rest before repeating the same thing 3 more times.

These workouts are very well thought out, and meant to generate results, so personally I would stick to the prescribed workout, but if you are feeling really strong, then maybe adapt it, or on the fly perhaps - are you carrying it out indoors on a turbo or outside?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18