2»

Comments

• TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    PaulBarman wrote:
    Northwave Lizzard for summer
    Northwave Celcius GTX for winter

Snap!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • vmgscot
    vmgscot Posts: 120
    Sidi Dragon SRS for summer - amazing fit but very expensive for what they are.
    Shimano MW80 for winter - warm and sturdy but you still get wet feet.

Started on the original Shimano grey M100 SPD 'slippers'.....anybody remember them?
    vmgscot
  • dwill
    dwill Posts: 150
    shimano but soon to be wearing sidi dragon 2 since wiggle slashed the price by £125 ish
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Spesh BG Sport. (Again!)
    I have the Comps for my road bike and TBH I reckon the velcro on the Sports works pretty much as well as the clever ratchet system on the Comps.
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Shimano MW80 boots for winter, Adidas Hammer (now called Mavic something or other) with the drawstring thingy for the warmer times. Love both of them.
  • NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    answer pallisade cos i'm skint
  • h4muf
    h4muf Posts: 20
    deejay. wrote:
    Thinking of going for some Shimano M086 - look comfy and decent enough for 3 season riding. Will try some on this week. You can run studs up-front on these too.

+1

Not tested them yet though :)
    ` 09 voodoo bantu
    08 goose otero elite
    `76 gitane ss
    `80 raleigh medale
    `78 raleigh chopper
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    Shimano M076 for me!
    It's been a while...
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Another Specialized BG comp user Fantastic shoe the only cycling shoe I have ever been able to wear all day long without my dogs barking

I also have a pair of Shimano Mp66 not as comfy but have more protection
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    hi,
    another specialized bg comp user. been going for 3 years now and still going strong, even the plastic strap release lever (which i didn't think looked very sturdy).
    still only have a bit of cosmetic damage and their comfy for long rides and not too bad for a bit of hike a biking.
    their not waterproof but as surfmatt said, with sealskins on my feet are still warm and dry.
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    gaz047 wrote:
    hi,
    another specialized bg comp user. been going for 3 years now and still going strong, even the plastic strap release lever (which i didn't think looked very sturdy).
    still only have a bit of cosmetic damage and their comfy for long rides and not too bad for a bit of hike a biking.
    their not waterproof but as surfmatt said, with sealskins on my feet are still warm and dry.

I bust the release lever on my left shoe when a tree jumped out in front of me. Bought a pair of the new style buckles from southdowncycles for £9.99. Cant complain it lasted nearly 3 years and the new buckles are much easier to release even when clogged with mud.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    stubs - cheers for that mate, didn't realise you could buy replacements. ill bear that in mind for when mine die.
    gaz
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • Mine are bike specific

Northwave Raptor's for the Scott
    Shimano MT41's for the Cube

I like the feeling of being clipped in :D
  • Rozza
    Rozza Posts: 75
    Tried northwave and shimano, nee good for my feet, just didn't feel right. Then with some reservation tried on some Spesh Bg Comp Sports (the sport model anyway, about 45 bangers) and the fit was great.

Never looked back, try before you buy.
    Wolf Ridge, mmm bop, XTC Composite, Uncle John
  • I have a pair of Scott Shoes, np idea what model. Bought a pair of Lake mx140 boots last year. Both are good for the reasons i bought them.

I will be looking for a new pair of shoes in the spring and all I know is that Shimano are on the small side of tight so after reading this I will be looking at spesh or due to the comfort of the Lake boots I will try the shoes.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!