Recomend me a new bike

2»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I should think at your time of life you ought to be looking for something more touring like, chunky and upright, you know slow & hardwork :wink:

Good job cori hasn't seen the way you spelt this thread title, ow she would kick your but :wink: :roll:

:lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Rich158 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:
    I'm really tempted with the CAAD9, there's always the possibility that come the payout I'll have enough for a worthy replacement for the Mad one and will keep the whatever I get now for racing.

Lets be honest I was always going to keep it anyway :lol:

As I'm not a racing snake, and with the risk of damaging the bike in a pile-up, I'd buy a better bike for sportives than racing.

You speak sense oh wise one, having crashed the Mad one at Crystal Palace last year I'd be very reticent about racing a carbon bike again, well in Crits anyway.

That sounds like an entirely logical and plausible excuse for another two bikes doesn't it :lol:

I'd be far too scared to race crits on a carbon bike, I know they're not weak or anythin before anyone starts calling me a scaremongerer but some of the failures I've seen on carbon bikes look nasty.

I reckon a caad9 or a planet x road ti or summat, then get somethin for niceness.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    itboffin wrote:
    I should think at your time of life you ought to be looking for something more touring like, chunky and upright, you know slow & hardwork :wink:

Good job cori hasn't seen the way you spelt this thread title, ow she would kick your but :wink: :roll:

:lol:

There's life in the old dog yet :wink:

My spelling, a constant bone of contention :roll:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Another suggestion: Pearson Pave comes in at £1399 for a Tiagra build (£1k for frameset) and they do Cyclescheme (Palace & Carbon Audax both well above your budget).

If you fancy a look at Viners, Velocity down here in Pompey have a good selection, also do Cyclescheme. Have a feeling that the Magnifica might not be the bike for you, it's definitely more sportive than race-oriented, but if Velocity can do a build to your taste at anything near the price Epic have (£1199 for a Veloce/Mirage mix...!!!) it could be a snip. Epic do Cycle to Work, not sure whose scheme they're using...Velocity also stock Felt and Orbea, covers a few more possibles.

DDD- nope, that's regret ;)

And as for Sky being wrong to stick Di2 on the Dogma. Pish and tush. They wanted the best components, they got them.....and Pinarello (like all the Italian makers) are doing Di2-ready frames, are they not?
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I'm going to be getting myself one of these (ok not for commuting)

http://www.dutchie.co.uk/ladies-dutch-bikes.html

I have a slightly dodgy back at the moment which my current bike isn't helping, the lean is a little too much for the pain I get in my si joints, so looking to a nice sit up and beg bike just too pootle around on and just use the trek for commuting duties only in order to save my back.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • itboffin
    NGale wrote:

I have a slightly dodgy back at the moment which my current bike isn't helping, the lean is a little too much for the pain I get in my si joints, so looking to a nice sit up and beg bike just too pootle around on and just use the trek for commuting duties only in order to save my back.

Tight! smoke and a pancake :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    itboffin wrote:
    NGale wrote:

I regularly see a woman on a really nice pashley on my way to work, it always looks like she's havin more fun than me :?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • NGale
    prawny wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    NGale wrote:

I regularly see a woman on a really nice pashley on my way to work, it always looks like she's havin more fun than me :?

That ones cheaper than a Pashley as well. Yeah funny how those on the dutch type bikes seem to look as though they are enjoying themselves more. It's the saddle you know :lol::wink:
  • itboffin
    NGale wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    NGale wrote:

That ones cheaper than a Pashley as well. Yeah funny how those on the dutch type bikes seem to look as though they are enjoying themselves more. It's the saddle you know :lol::wink:

Don't be fooled it's the "weed"
  • NGale
    itboffin wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    NGale wrote:

Don't be fooled it's the "weed"

aye that too. :lol: