SCOTT325SE - Mixed reviews

a.palmer
a.palmer Posts: 504
Bought some Revelations not too long ago from Scott, great price, great service and absolutely spot on with the forks themselves. Reccommended seller.

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    That's strange cos I had nothing but problems when I bought something from him.
    More problems but still living....
  • epo-aholic
    epo-aholic Posts: 1,414
    I've always had great service from him. in the past he's also sent stuff out to me without payment so absolutely recommended from me!
  • I bought a chainset from him two and a half weeks ago, it still has not arrived!!
  • mwcbr
    mwcbr Posts: 17
    got some stuff from scott last week, exactly as described and delivered promptly, very happy ! 8)
  • Hi all.
    As per PM's David. Fret-not. I can appriciate why you were gettign anxious but this has been the main reason I havnt been anywhere near the post office.
    :):):):):)
    snow3.jpg
  • Cllr Hodgen
    Cllr Hodgen Posts: 495
    edited February 2010
    hahahaha, never had the pleasure mate, but LOVE the reply... snow spoils play...

luckily we've had nowt much oop (or down depending on where you are) here in the wet lake district! Plenty of ICE though to TEMPT you out on bikes, and then just slide out at the first corner!!!!! :D :evil:

Hodgy
  • David, cranks sent today. Will PM you the trackign number
  • sl2371
    sl2371 Posts: 748
    well i have bought an avid disc rotor of this seller and am still waiting also no e-mails from him to up date as to where it is
  • as discussed yesterday - money refunded as requested.
    Sorry I had to be away for so long.
  • sl2371
    sl2371 Posts: 748
    and thank you for a promt refund
  • Bought a bunch of Red kit from Scott, we have communicated a lot over the past 6 -12 months whilst I have prevaricated and faffed over decisions, he is a real gent, brilliant to deal with and drove the bits to me even. He really knows what he is doing and the gear he sells is in tip tip condition and just as described. High recommended.

Nice bloke to ride with/drink coffee with too.
  • ninjaslim
    ninjaslim Posts: 243
    Great service

Thanks

nice shifters :)
  • SCOTT325SE
    SCOTT325SE Posts: 888
    ninjaslim wrote:
    Great service

Thanks

nice shifters :)

Ah, so they got to you in time for the weekend then?! Great stuff! Glad you're happy with them.
  • reba6768
    reba6768 Posts: 1,030
    Excellent service - all parts hand delivered - can't ask for more than that!!!!

many thanks
  • rsrobinson
    rsrobinson Posts: 86
    Scott,

Thought i might get a response if I posted on here as you are not answering my pm's
    Could you give me a refund please.
    I've been waiting over 3 weeks for my parts and I'm pretty fed up.

probably best if you just refund my money and I can look elsewhere
    thanks
    Rob
  • rnewell1973
    rnewell1973 Posts: 84
    Talking about late arrivals, the high clamp front mech that I paid for on the 3rd May has not arrived. Any news when it might come?

If you can't send it this week then please send me a refund.
  • rsrobinson
    Dont think he's been online for a week or so.
    Still waiting on my parts or a refund
  • mattbarnes
    mattbarnes Posts: 295
    Likewise here.

Paid for some forks on 9/5/10 and still no sign of them. After a number of pm's, I was promised they'd be here on 22/5/10 - needless to say I'm still waiting.

If you can't honour the transaction, don't advertise!!

The goods need to be here soon (like tomorrow) or I'll be after a refund. Although I'd imagine that'd take about three weeks to get as well. :roll:
    Society is like a stew. You have to stir things up now and again otherwise the scum will rise to the top.
  • rsrobinson
    Matt,
    my parts did arrive after 4 weeks
    but wouldn't buy off him again- hope your things arrive.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    What happened to my posting on this thread? It has been removed somehow for some reason.

It wasn't particularly complimentary but then it was not abusive - merely stating the facts related to a previous transaction.
  • samson77
    samson77 Posts: 5
    spot on no probs
  • mattbarnes
    mattbarnes Posts: 295
    As per my previous post, the goods were paid for on the 9th May and I'm STILL waiting. Despite numerous PM's Ive still not seen either the goods or a refund - all I've received are excuses (on those rare occasions when he does reply). I was promised the forks had been sent out via Parcelforce but myseriously never arrived and this seller can't seem to provide a tracking number. How odd; a cynical person might say they were never sent!
    I got so sick of waiting I requested a refund but, shockingly, I'm still waiting for that as well and I'll be suprised if I ever see my money again.

Its clearly not worth the risk dealing with this guy - avoid like the plague!
    Society is like a stew. You have to stir things up now and again otherwise the scum will rise to the top.
  • SCOTT325SE
    Hang on a god-damned minute You!
    Ive sorted you a refund but its pending as the funds are coming from my bank account because my paypal is empty!
    Forks were sent and Ive spend hours on the phone trying to sort out where they were! Your £34 refund is on its way to you. Unfortunately I cant do anythign about Paypals timeframes on transferring money from my bank. The time Ive spent on the phone because I cant find the trackign number is worht more than I sold the forks for, INCLUDING the postage.

I still havnt got the forks back!
    So you're getting a refund despite the fact that neither of us have the forks, just to keep you happy basically!
    Would a shop do that?
    Would they hell!
    Would most other people? Would they hell!

Keep an eye on your paypal.
    Whinge at them for taking ages. I've done my bit.
  • clark1312
    clark1312 Posts: 38
    You seem to have more problems with postal services than any seller I have encountered. It all sounds far too suspicious for anyone to be fooled. I don't think you are unscrupulous but just badly organised. Transparency is the best policy, don't make promise's that you cant keep and dont try and make the buyer feel they have acted badly.
  • SCOTT325SE
    i dont mind peple saying that im VERY slow to post. what i DO object to is people saying im a crook. what "risk" is there if you get your bits or a refund? I've got enough stuff to sponsor a junior racing team if I wanted to. I could ebay it if i wanted to get more money for stuff... but I dont. I sell top quality kit thats barely done any use, as I love building bikes and experiencing how different bikes ride... this is why i have so much stuff and so many bikes.
    anything thats not worth using or not worth selling goes in the bin! You should have seen the last set of DT forks I had.......... BIN!
    the last Bontrager riser bar I bought.... BIN!
    the last DHX5.... BIN!!!!!
    The last X.0 mech - crashed it to death! BIN!

I've never had anyone have a problem with anything that I've sold them. Anything with a problem would get sorted.
    crook? no. slow? yes. inconvenient, very sorry, i dont mean to be!
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    SCOTT325SE wrote:
    Hang on a god-damned minute You!
    Ive sorted you a refund but its pending as the funds are coming from my bank account because my paypal is empty!
    Forks were sent and Ive spend hours on the phone trying to sort out where they were! Your £34 refund is on its way to you. Unfortunately I cant do anythign about Paypals timeframes on transferring money from my bank. The time Ive spent on the phone because I cant find the trackign number is worht more than I sold the forks for, INCLUDING the postage.

I still havnt got the forks back!
    So you're getting a refund despite the fact that neither of us have the forks, just to keep you happy basically!
    Would a shop do that?
    Would they hell!
    Would most other people? Would they hell!

Keep an eye on your paypal.
    Whinge at them for taking ages. I've done my bit.

Um I think you'll find that any shop would either offer a refund or send out another if it went missing in the post. You lost the tracking number so have no proof you even posted them - what else could you do than offer a refund? :?

Same would go for any reasonable, honest seller on here.

But your biggest problem (and you won't it seems admit to this one) is the constant bullsh@t you sprout instead of just being upfront in the first place. Why not just say "I'm busy so I can't post until the end of next week" instead of all this cr@p where you claim to have posted stuff, which you quite clearly haven't and the ignoring of PMs (talking from experience here).

You're getting a lot of stick on here, but it is clearly deserved.
    More problems but still living....
  • A big fat POSITIVE from me.

He replied to a wanted ad that I had put up and sent me the item I needed completely free of any charge and by recorded mail too. Thats what I call generous.

If I wanted to buy from him in the future I wouldn't have any reservations at all.

Thanks SCOTT325SE :D
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Bought a Avid Rotor off him/you on the 14th, payed on the 15th, haven't recieved anything yet! I know it's not as long as others have been waiting by I would have expected it 10 days later, especially as it's to finish a build. You're also not replying to messages. Can you let me know what is going on?!
  • beetle1
    beetle1 Posts: 189
    Why don't people bother to read the feedback section and learn from other's experiences. Good to see he has taken comments on board and got his act together, NOT.
  • SCOTT325SE
    mrfmilo wrote:
    Bought a Avid Rotor off him/you on the 14th, payed on the 15th, haven't recieved anything yet! I know it's not as long as others have been waiting by I would have expected it 10 days later, especially as it's to finish a build. You're also not replying to messages. Can you let me know what is going on?!

well thats been sent too (normal post, as you were whinging about the price of the rotor in the first place) so didnt sent it next day recorded, as i didnt see the point in spending £5 to send a £15 item, thats worth £50 new, as you were penny-pinching. You've whinged and moaned on paypal and as Im now away from home and dont have the postal reciept to photocopy and send to you, I've just refunded you as its not worth my time digging it out when i get home.
    Good luck in getting a brand new 185 rotor elsewhere for £15posted, as theyre almost £50 new. If you get the rotor through AND the refund (which is already transferring from my bank account, into paypal), then dont worry about it, keep the rotor and the refund. I cant be bothered anymore. Its only £15
This discussion has been closed.