aaaaahahahahahahaha! Getting 'ripped'!

I keep seeing those ads about how you can get 'ripped' in 4 days/2 weeks/30 mins/etc/...

is it actually possible? or a scam?

look at the ads. are the 2 guys featured even the same person? :shock:

380716.jpg
396811.jpg

LOL

Comments

• a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    you'll get ripped off!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    I'm guessing the 'two rules' are:

1 - eat less
    2 - train more

That'll be £2000 please... ;)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Yes, it's possible.

No, it's not possible in the timeframe they are claiming. At least not without steroids.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!!
    You can only realistically lose 2lbs of fat per week, which is approx 7,000 calories as each pound is roughly 3,500 cals. So anything else is just a SCAM!

But, I was watching the UFC programme recently, and one guy tries to lose about a stone, in a day! Nearly killed him, with massive sauna and training sessions.
    He could have seriously dehydrated and lost essential salts/electrolytes.

So, with a great diet, good training and great genetics, gains ARE possible, but not to the levels that they tell you.
  • Check out the head and body dont match in the lower pick..bit of photoshop going on...
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Splottboy wrote:
    SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!!
    You can only realistically lose 2lbs of fat per week, which is approx 7,000 calories as each pound is roughly 3,500 cals. So anything else is just a SCAM!

WRONG. FAIL.

I have lost 5-7 pounds a week on various diets. Not saying it's easy, but it CAN be done. Don't make me post the before and after pics again! I lost 6 stone in 3 months. And kept it off for the past 2 years+

(Results not typical)
  • leon69
    leon69 Posts: 53
    I keep seeing those ads about how you can get 'ripped' in 4 days/2 weeks/30 mins/etc/...

is it actually possible? or a scam?

look at the ads. are the 2 guys featured even the same person? :shock:

LOL

Thats a scam
    lot depends on your body type but to keep this short jion a gym work all your body not just bikeing .I hear alot of ppl say "i cant loose wait am ment to be 17 stone " bollics bet if you ended up a POW in japan 50 years ago you would loose wait

To get that riped you want to get your self to a health/gym shop and ask them for a work out to suit you (that low a body fat isnt good for you mind ! )
    If you dont bleed your not trying ...
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Winstrol + Dianobol?

Definately Winstrol in there somewhere. I'm 14st my mates 11.5st, he looks bigger than me because hes far more defined. Being smaller sometimes makes you look bigger (so the fat guy before could potentially look like that afterwards, but of course results have been bastardized)
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • smithy1.0
    smithy1.0 Posts: 439
    Those ads always make me laugh. In the bottom one, the before pic guy actually has more defined abs than the after :lol:
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    It's not a scam if you can do 20,000 sits ups a day and eat 2 bananas and a grape for your main meal!

Steroids would be useless in that short time period as your muscles wouldn't be used to heavy training sessions anyhow. Amphetamine "Speed" might help but chances are your body would crave food food food...ie eating a whole tub of ice cream whilst ordering a double 12" double thick cheese Pizza at 02:00am....and that'll be just the snack :wink:

In simple terms, you need to be sensible and build up gradually. Your body needs to adapt to exercise and food intakes.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    is the cap included. :o
  • Results may vary.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    it stinks of BS to me
    eat healthily, time your meals correctly
    train more cardio and weights-try to find a nice ballance, when you build muscle its much easier to maintain it than it was to build it.
    its not just what you eat its when you eat and how much you eat.
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    That's BLATANTLY 4 different guys! :lol: :roll:
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Yep, the secret to getting ripped in 4 weeks is to have a body transplant, aka photoshop.

Worked for Oprah...
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    Pokerface wrote:
    Splottboy wrote:
    SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!!

WRONG. FAIL.

I have lost 5-7 pounds a week on various diets. Not saying it's easy, but it CAN be done. Don't make me post the before and after pics again! I lost 6 stone in 3 months. And kept it off for the past 2 years+

(Results not typical)

Agreed. I lost 3 kilos in one week a number of months ago due to a virus of some sort. I couldn't even bring myself to eat anything for 3 straight days.
  • Those of you thinking you can lose kilos in a week? It's all relative.

If you weigh in at 200kg fair enough.

BUT otherwise most of it is water, actual food content in the stomach etc - NOT fat ;)
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    If you are into this sort of thing check this guys site out. He's kept a log from around 2003, with pics and food logs. Don't think it's a 4 week thing though, more a complete lifestyle change

http://www.johnstonefitness.com/php/enlarge.php?i=123.jpg
  • OK SERIOUSLY

How do I get ripped like this? any coaches got a training plan for me? :lol:

n1668270022_3225_7457.jpg

looks like he's drawn on fake tan to create teh 'contour lines' IMO. dont care if I cant ride fast. I just want to look like this!

what do I do?
  • smithy1.0
    smithy1.0 Posts: 439
    OK SERIOUSLY

what do I do?

Haha, i'd say, a carefully planned diet, and a LOT of mileage. Likely some weight training, too. Some people will never look like that though, it has a lot to do with your genetic makeup.

Quite funny, really. Often the fastest guys in cycling are the ones who don't look super lean like that...