Richmond Park: Saturday Ride choices

2»

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    cjcp wrote:
    @CJ How was the surface? Black stuff gone yet? I'm hoping to get out at the weekend.

Surface isn't great up Sawyer's Hill - have to ride 1.5m out from the verge to avoid the gravel - and it's as lumpy as ever from Ham to Kingston Gates (watch for the sunken manhole cover! May be partially obscured by surface water).

Broomfield is ok if taken cautiously.

@Sewinman - don't cancel your ride for it. Just be prepared to get dirty. Wear some black gear, if you can.

Fcuk it, I'm going on the Turbo. I only have one warm jacket and it's new, has white on it and is Castelli, no way I'm ruining that - not bothered about anything else really.

Two weeks off in Feb so I can hit the Surrey Hills and see what the winter has done to the roads there... can't imagine it will be a pretty sight. Might try a Box Hill time as well, which will be shameful! :shock:
  • New wheels arrived this morning so I might put in some early morning laps before the cars are out. Will be sure to wear a black vest though.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    King Donut wrote:
    New wheels arrived this morning so I might put in some early morning laps before the cars are out. Will be sure to wear a black vest though.
    :shock:
    As Samuel L. Jackson brilliantly said to Bruce Willis, not all your dogs are barking, are they?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:
    King Donut wrote:
    New wheels arrived this morning so I might put in some early morning laps before the cars are out. Will be sure to wear a black vest though.
    :shock:
    As Samuel L. Jackson brilliantly said to Bruce Willis, not all your dogs are barking, are they?

Sorry yes, it was a joke. Having said that it's due to be over 5c this weekend.

Haven't been through the park for a few months. Don't think I'll manage anything approaching 6 laps though.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    I was planning on doing 6 laps on saturday - should i avoid the park then?

come do an A25 lap....

What is one of those?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Sewinman wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    I was planning on doing 6 laps on saturday - should i avoid the park then?

come do an A25 lap....

What is one of those?

It's a road but that's not important right now

A232-A25-head back on the A23.. real easy to navigate and pretty clear roads most of the way (can always detour via some hills)
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    From the 3 Lap Challenge thread: degreaser helps clean the bike.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."