Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    No Missouri or Ghent-Wevelgem

miss Cav's victories in them :(

Missouri wasn't on last year...
  • Romandie went 4 years ago?
    Pais Vasco dumped in 2008
    This year: Gent-Wevelgem, ENECO, Poland, Criterium International, San Sebastian and Hamburg.
    I'd forgotten about Turkey and the Impey throwing competition! :shock: :oops:

.....I hope there is room for revision, otherwise it stinks. All their cash in the Planet Armstrong Bank, California branch? :x
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    No Missouri or Ghent-Wevelgem

miss Cav's victories in them :(

Missouri wasn't on last year...

Still could add it....
  • Some big omissions there.
    Ok, i can see the case for G-W considering it clashes with the track worlds.
    Turkey was a stunning race, and this year the Parcours for Turkey is better, they're off to Pumakale (inland) taking over some large mountains including finishing on a very large hill.

Poland - Oh well, i won't miss it.

Anyway Sky, time to buy up some races? You've invested in the sport, time to invest in some of the races Eurosport has missed/races never shown here, Suisse etc.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    teagar wrote:
    Think it's time to sort out that international satalite to get Sporza....

best way mate - Only niggle is the motorized dish installation is a bit of a cnut
    cartoon.jpg
  • Anonymous
    doddy178 wrote:
    Some big omissions there.
    Ok, i can see the case for G-W considering it clashes with the track worlds.
    Turkey was a stunning race, and this year the Parcours for Turkey is better, they're off to Pumakale (inland) taking over some large mountains including finishing on a very large hill.

Poland - Oh well, i won't miss it.

Anyway Sky, time to buy up some races? You've invested in the sport, time to invest in some of the races Eurosport has missed/races never shown here, Suisse etc.

It would be good if Sky showed The Tour of Turkey...

Or anyone for that matter (especially if in HD because as I said before, the scenery was amazing!)
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    Thanks for the list was looking for that on the net the other day,,,failed to find it!

Reminds me Flanders 3 April 261km, with 4 mates, wish this snow would feck off so I could get some endurance rides in...getting a bit daunting now! :shock:
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    edited January 2010
    Thank god for ES though eh? Lets hope they show more Paris Roubaix than the measly amount they did last year...
  • No Tour of Poland?
    There is a God
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    International Europsort (i.e. Eurosport HD) showed the last 150km of Paris Roubaix I seem to remember.

Similar with Flanders.

No doubt there'll be a thread started by me in two weeks asking for the best satalite etc...

I already have one - just not sure whether it picks up sporza or not.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Didn't they show the Tour of the Basque Country last year also, or am I imagining that?
    With the Tour of California I found watching the tracker gave better coverage: http://tracker.amgentourofcalifornia.com/, springs in to life when the tour starts.
  • stfc1
    stfc1 Posts: 505
    Romandie went 4 years ago?
    This year: Gent-Wevelgem, ENECO, Poland, Criterium International, San Sebastian and Hamburg.

.....I hope there is room for revision, otherwise it stinks. All their cash in the Planet Armstrong Bank, California branch? :x

Ghent-Wevelgem and San Sebastian weren't shown on Eurosport last year either. They bloody should be on though, especially since GW has moved dates.

As others have said, though, the most important thing is to start praying that the coverage of the races we do get to see is decent... the finish was fantastic, but I wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of the build up at San Remo last year for starters.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    stfc1 wrote:
    Romandie went 4 years ago?

Ghent-Wevelgem and San Sebastian weren't shown on Eurosport last year either. They bloody should be on though, especially since GW has moved dates.

As others have said, though, the most important thing is to start praying that the coverage of the races we do get to see is decent... the finish was fantastic, but I wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of the build up at San Remo last year for starters.

+1 It was even worse if you sky+d it and it missed the biggining, I think I saw abot 20 mins :x
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    To be fair, usually the last 20km of San Remo is fantastic but last year was lame with hardly any attacking.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,174
    So what's replacing these races...?
    Bowl, snooker, curling, bog snorkeling..???? zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    AndyRAC wrote:

you gotta remember that some people look at cycling and go "wtf is going on.. Why are they just riding around in a big group - this is so boring"

To be honest I do see their point when most the action really only happens in the last 10k or so
    cartoon.jpg
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Ha ha ha yeah i hear ya Doobz. the amount of grief i get from my girl when i wanna watch a race. They just really don't get it.... and yeah it can be boring a lot of the time. But then we have races like Flanders and Roubaix which are always exciting...
  • AndyRAC wrote:

I love snooker! Second fave sport to cycling... :)
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Didn't they show Burgos in 2008?

If they're not showing some of these races live they may show highlights? Any news on British Premier Calendar?
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I usually watch the Cycling on the Euorpean Eurosport (old Astra Satellite) for free. The dish and box are next to nothing now.
    I watch the Tour de Suisse and Tour of Romandy on the German channels.
    If you can't be bothered to see the whole race then youtube is a good way to see a lot of races. I used that a lot last year. You get to see the last 5 k's or so.

Cheers Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Moomaloid wrote:
    the amount of grief i get from my girl when i wanna watch a race. They just really don't get it....

They? Watch it! I take exception ...................but the you've obviously chosen the wrong girl! :D
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • teagar wrote:
    Makes you wonder whether Sky will wade in. Gather they're showing highlights of the TdU, together wih the last two stages live.

Be interesting to see how they may sex up the coverage. No doubt sans Mssrs Duffield, Harmon and Kelly (well, definitely).

Why sponsor a team and then only let poeple who already use sky see it?

they want more people to subscribe.

this could prove interesting down the line.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8464004.stm
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • To quote David Harmon:

''You What! That's bollocks JC.''
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    No Tour of Poland?
    There is a God

It was a bit grim that one
  • AndyRAC wrote:

at the moment wall-to-wall Aussie open tennis
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Anonymous
    To quote David Harmon:

''You What! That's bollocks JC.''

TV Highlight of the year.