Holiday weight gain

Comments

• put on about 7lb's since mid november, but was already more than i should be :oops: although still 3 stone lighter than i was at the beginning of 08 when i started cycling again!!

Aim is to lose a stone over the next few months to get back to my fighting weight!

Problem at the moment is I have a 2 month old son so not getting much sleep and the 13 mile each way commute seems to be gettiing tougher by the day due to no recovery
    08 Felt Compulsion 2 SE
    09 Corratec S-light
    10 Giant Defy 2
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    I bought scales yesterday. Never been a follower of my weight, but think it will be a good target.

Since tearing my calf in late November, I have had no exercise, and ate and drank very well. May have a touch of gout.... :shock: :lol:

Anyway, at last, on the road to recovery, and can now exercise. My estimation is I have put on a stone and a half.

I now want to lose this and more, and will be tracking my efforts over the coming weeks and months.

Will weigh myself tonight, and the challenge will start. Anyone up for it?
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Im game, want to lose a stone
    08 Felt Compulsion 2 SE
    09 Corratec S-light
    10 Giant Defy 2
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    About 9lbs :oops: :(:cry:

Was back in work on Friday last week and made it 90% of the way before I had a nasty accident on black ice, I was KO'ed in the middle of a busy 4 lane road, full 999 jobby and off to A&E went me, Happy to report the bike is ok though :D

Took a nasty knock to the head, knee and shoulder, doc signed me off till next Monday, but hopfully by then the ice will have gone, I did get a Tacx Imagic VR turbo for xmas tho so once im feeling better that will help me shed all that I put on and fingers crossed get me back on track :D
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • hoolio
    hoolio Posts: 139
    Put on 10lbs. Strained my intercostal muscles at the beginning of November and as I wasn't training at all I had a lot of extra time to cook large meals and go to the pub.
  • bradford
    bradford Posts: 195
    Managed to lose a couple of pounds over the festive period.Don't how i managed this on a diet of peanuts,crisps and beer! :lol: Still a long way to go as i want to lose a couple of stones this year :oops:
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    I bought scales yesterday. Never been a follower of my weight, but think it will be a good target.

Anyway, at last, on the road to recovery, and can now exercise. My estimation is I have put on a stone and a half.

I now want to lose this and more, and will be tracking my efforts over the coming weeks and months.

Will weigh myself tonight, and the challenge will start. Anyone up for it?

I'm game :lol:. Can I start from last week so I can show off the few pounds I've already lost?

[Also, edit to my previous post, 11 pounds will not take me to 13 stone, that was just wishful thinking :oops: it should be 13 pounds]
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    gb155 wrote:

Was back in work on Friday last week and made it 90% of the way before I had a nasty accident on black ice, I was KO'ed in the middle of a busy 4 lane road, full 999 jobby and off to A&E went me, Happy to report the bike is ok though :D

Took a nasty knock to the head, knee and shoulder, doc signed me off till next Monday, but hopfully by then the ice will have gone, I did get a Tacx Imagic VR turbo for xmas tho so once im feeling better that will help me shed all that I put on and fingers crossed get me back on track :D

Blimey Gaz ...........9lbs on :oops: . But what's losing 9 lbs for you when you already lost so much :wink: ?

Hope you're feeling better after your fall.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    I lost 6 kgs in the run up to christmas weighing in at 70kg / 11 stones but can't seem to put it back even though I'm not cycling half as much as I should be and still eating quite a bit. Have just eaten half a rich truly irrestible chocolate cheescake so maybe when I jump on the scales in the morning I've gained a bit.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Big Wib
    I hope none of you were involved in this unsavoury incident....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... eters.html

brilliant :lol:

and best of all, they managed to save the scales and complete the weigh in
  • Big Wib
    dilemna wrote:
    I lost 6 kgs in the run up to christmas weighing in at 70kg / 11 stones but can't seem to put it back even though I'm not cycling half as much as I should be and still eating quite a bit. Have just eaten half a rich truly irrestible chocolate cheescake so maybe when I jump on the scales in the morning I've gained a bit.

git :!:
  • Wallace1492
    I have no idea how to do a table thing on here.

I weighed myself last night - I am 13st 8lb :shock: :oops: :cry: . Definately a stone and a half up on November last year.

My target for May is under 12st. that will make me :D

Anyone up for a challenge over the coming months? If you are, start a new thread and lets get recording and helping each other!!
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    I don't think I gained much weight over christmas in particular. Last year in general was bad though when I gained about 10kg (to 90kg) after breaking my arm and not riding for 6 weeks and stopped going to the gym. After resuming my cycling to work the weight just stayed on :( First goal for this year is to return to my pre-broken arm weight, and then maybe lose some more after that!
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • Wallace1492
    Can anyone do a code thing for tracking weight lost (gained)
    I know there was one before, but this is ideal time to start it again.

Me:

Current 13st8lb
    Target 12st0lb
  • Trev71
    Trev71 Posts: 46
    I put on about 9 lbs over Christmas. I went back to work on Jan 4th full of good intentions, but the weather/mechanical problems meant that I didn't get back on the bike until Wenesday this week. Hopefully commuting with two wheels rather than four will help to shed the excess baggage.
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    dilemna wrote:
    gb155 wrote:

Blimey Gaz ...........9lbs on :oops: . But what's losing 9 lbs for you when you already lost so much :wink: ?

I know I know :oops: Im pretty ashmed of myself but had a real hard time over xmas, no excuses just a reason behind it all, was ready on Friday to get everything back on track, only to fall off and get KO'ed LOL

Once my knee and head get better I have the amazingly awesome Tacx I-Magic turbo trainer to kick my butt and the commute to and from work too, just another week to go :(
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    gb155 wrote:
    dilemna wrote:
    gb155 wrote:

I know I know :oops: Im pretty ashmed of myself but had a real hard time over xmas, no excuses just a reason behind it all, was ready on Friday to get everything back on track, only to fall off and get KO'ed LOL

Once my knee and head get better I have the amazingly awesome Tacx I-Magic turbo trainer to kick my butt and the commute to and from work too, just another week to go :(

heal up and put a towel under the trainer
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Wallace1492
    Right, who is up for the now till Easter Weight Loss Challenge?

In
    Wallace1492 13st 8lb[/u]
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    http://www.tickerfactory.com/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,208
    Right, who is up for the now till Easter Weight Loss Challenge?

In
    Wallace1492 13st 8lb[/u]
    Stevo 666 11st 0 lbs
    Count me in as well - I'll never win as I'm coming from a lowish base compared to my average over the last couple of years, but will give me something to aim for!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    In
    Wallace1492 13st 8lb
    Stevo 666 11st 0 lbs
    Cori - to lose 21lbs

Eek - sorry, but I seem to have 'unlisted' it.
  • suzyb
    I'm tempted to join you all but I think I may be more tempted by the loads of Easter chocolate the supermarket will have over the next few months.

Chocolate orange mini eggs drol.gif
  • Wallace1492
    edited January 2010
    -null- wrote:

Let me try the code thing....
    _____________START________TARGET______NOW______SO FAR_____TO GO
    Wallace1492..13.8lb.......12.0st.....13.8lb......0lb.....22lb

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    that went well :lol:

ohh cheeky edit
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Wallace1492
    Clever Pun wrote:
    that went well :lol:

ohh cheeky edit

Jesus give me a minute..... never doen this before.... :evil:
  • Wallace1492
    -null- wrote:

Let me try the code thing....
    _______________START________TARGET______NOW______SO FAR_____TO GO
    Wallace1492....13st 8lb....12st........13st 8lb.....0.....22lb

• Wallace1492
    Right, almost there, I will start a new thread.....
  • suzyb
    Why not make a spreadsheet using google docs
  • Wallace1492
    -null- wrote:
    Why not make a spreadsheet using google docs

No idea if that is compaibkle with on here..... not knowledgeable enough!!