Holiday weight gain

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
With the holiday season behind us and now well into Jan. I suspect many resolutions are already broken, so tell me just how much weight did "you" gain over the break.

Of course the current weather isn't helping much either :(

Me I picked up a stately 10lb in Dec. which is down 3lb so far in Jan :oops:
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Went up to 13st 2lbs, a gain of about 5-6lbs. Felt it too. Yogurt with fruit, soup, less chocolate and no beer at all (haven't had any since 19 Dec), and commuting again is going some way to getting rid of the extra weight.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Zero. As ever.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    cjcp wrote:
    Went up to 13st 2lbs, a gain of about 5-6lbs. Felt it too. Yogurt with fruit, soup, less chocolate and no beer at all (haven't had any since 19 Dec), and commuting again is going some way to getting rid of the extra weight.

:shock: You've had no beer since the 19th Dec :shock:

WHAT!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    Yep. Wine, yes, but no beer. Didn't have any in the house over Christmas.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,208
    Put on a couple of pounds to make it 10st 13lbs, which is odd as I haven't touched the bike for a month now and haven't been 'dieting' or anything like that as I lack the willpower :oops: First day back commuting tomorrow though now the roads are safe....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • 3lb over xmas. now trying to reduce the trend.

10lb is a LOT of beer itboffin. Good work. My colleague pips you at the post, however, having gained an impressive 14lb in a month. And she doesn't even drink beer.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    StuAff wrote:
    Zero. As ever.

Ditto here - despite, for me, a marathon 32 pint week just before Christmas and a lot of food over the holidays.

There are three things in life that are certain; death, taxed and my body weight :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • about 1/4 of a stone i was a whisper away from 14stone dropped though down to 13 1/2 and the tread is down, practically with snow to play in.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Pretty sure I've lost weight thanks to 4 months off the bike!

t2340.gif
  • In early October I weighed myself & I was 10 1/2 stone. I then separated my shoulder playing football & although I haven't done any exercise since then I haven't eaten more either. Played football last night, felt a bit unfit & slow, weighed myself when I got in & i'm 12 1/2 stone!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I lost 10 pounds. two weeks off work = 2 weeks to train more!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I gained 1.5 kilos I've dropped off a 1/3 of that so far... end of the month I should be back on track. I don't change the diet particularly I just started cycling again

Must make a mental note to eat and drink less when off the bike for a sustained period of time
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Put on a couple of pounds to make it all the way to 10 stones 2 lbs, so people ask me if I've been working out! Must do more of this binge eating/drinking.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    I added half a stone and went up to 15 stone, back down to 14.5. Would like to be 13.5!
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    5lb. Not good.
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    put on 5lb during the Xmas but lost them all plus extra 3lbs despite i haven't been on my bike since beginning of Dec and only exercise i have done so far is total of 30mins on the Wii Fit. :lol:
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • cjcp wrote:

Get out. :)
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    I haven't dared to look but with my regular fitness regime having been disrupted since mid Nov (and having lived in Hotels for five weeks up to christmas) I daren't step on the scales.

My trousers are telling me that I may well be into my second stone of weight gain though!

Bob
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    I dread to think but I weighed myself recently and was up to 14 stone, which is shocking for someone of my height (5'9").

Am now on a diet, aiming to lose over a stone. Will try and ride more ONCE THE ROADS CLEAR DAMMIT

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    have put on about a stone in the last 2 months since the scales got broken (& no it wasn't me standing on them :wink: ) its amazing how not seeing your weight on a daily basis keeps you in ignorance

I reckon half of that was over Christmas and I have now lost 4 lbs in the last two weeks but still 11 to go as I want to get down to about 13 stone
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I daren't weigh myself, but my jeans still fit without cutting me in half so it can't be that bad :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Put on 10lbs, have lost about 4 in the last week or so. I've been hitting the weights since I realised how much I'd put on.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Put on 4-5lbs, but thankfully have lost same over the last couple of weeks. Now to lose another 10.
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    7kilos up on Friday, already dropped back down 2. Hoping to be able to hit 90kg in the next few months (currently 100)
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • cjcp
    cjcp wrote:

Get out. :)

Further weight loss is unlikely to be a problem either.

I've just had whatever was left of a molar, and its broken roots, extracted. The dentist used more force to pull the damn things out than I do to remove stuck pedals. He said I can eat soup and mashed potato. I suppose I could spice things up with yogurt. Yay - *more* yogurt.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Put on about a stone during December which was half of the weight I lost during 09. :(

Back up to 14st 12 on New Year's Day but making a concerted effort and have since lost 5lbs.
    Still breathing.....
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    Not sure how much weight I have gained in pounds and ounces. All I know is, I now look 6 months pregnant and I didn't a month ago. And I'm a bloke.
    Rules are for fools.
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    November in Australia, plus trips to Crete (all inclusive ) and the Lake district since September have been crowned by Xmas and a grand accumulation of a stone! Please release the roads so I can get some excercise.

Also the cold weather makes me hungry. It's not fair.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • hambones wrote:
    Put on about a stone during December which was half of the weight I lost during 09. :(

:shock: Ah well, all the more reason to do better this year.

I'm a metric man so I put on about 1.5kg, but was still below my pre-Christmas target! I was helped by just having discovered squash, though. And forcing my friend to play it every other day (and not being kicked out so played for well over an hour every time).
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Not sure as I haven't weighed myself, but its roughly equivalent to the amount I lost since I started cycling in September. Didn't mind as I knew I could lose it again easily, but now face a few more weeks off the bike :-(