Ricco interview in ProCycling

2»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Tusher wrote:
    Having said all I've said though, I'm fascinated by how his form will be on his return.

I shall be jubilant if he's rubbish.

And if he's still good, I'll assume he's still on the juice.

I'm already assuming he'll be straight off his local corrupt doctor. He just doesn't seem the type to turn over a new leaf. I reckon he'll be finished by 2013 at the latest.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    Garry H wrote:
    I doubt that at 15 the choice to dope was his...
    Significant. That's the 1st person that should be ratted on. Probaly never even mentioned though...... :roll:
  • Ricco is indeed a fool.

A fool that cycling could live without. If he comes back clean and still rides off the front of the pack, then good luck to the guy, even if he is a nob.

If he comes back doped to the gils and rides like a demon, please let him get caught early in some insignificant race and be consigned to the history books forever.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    To be fair I think the author of that piece has had an influence in how he comes across. I'm not saying that he didn't come across as an arrogant scrote. But i'm sure plenty of other cyclist do when interviewed by Procycling. We just aren't told about them sniggering or what their body language was like etc.

I think it is more detestable that Procycling put him on the front of the magazine in the first place. If Procycling thought he was such a horrible wee boy, why did they put him on the front? They used his profile to sell magazines and then tried to justify it by doing a negative write up. In fact I think the whole theme of that issue was one big excuse to slap Ricco on the front.

Ricco is a tool, but being a tool doesn't mean that you shouldn't be treated in the same way as everyone else in the peleton. He confessed and shopped people, Basso just admitted to 'preparing to dope'. But because Basso comes across as being regretful (which may be an act) he is somehow better than Ricco? I don't understand that. The only reason that we think Basso is now clean is because he's rubbish compared to what he used to be.

Magazines like procycling can't pointificate about doping if they sustain the star status of doped riders by publicising them in their magazine. They are part of the solution.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • Seems Armstrong's new best pal has waded in, with the anti-cobra venom:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/01/ ... pie_102336
    Double standards?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • By all accoutns he's never been particularly well liked in the bunch, by anyone. Hence he had Gibo and Piepoli shepherding him through his first Giro and tilt at the best young rider competition... That he repaid them by attacking his team leader adn failing to make it stick I think burned even those bridges...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    dulldave wrote:

Ricco is a tool, but being a tool doesn't mean that you shouldn't be treated in the same way as everyone else in the peloton. He confessed and shopped people, Basso just admitted to 'preparing to dope'. But because Basso comes across as being regretful (which may be an act) he is somehow better than Ricco? I don't understand that. The only reason that we think Basso is now clean is because he's rubbish compared to what he used to be.

That's somewhat unfair on Basso. He's done a few things to prove he's doing it clean. Ricco hasn't.

But on your other point, I sort of agree. In a way, Ricco is being honest. If he didn't regret doing it why pretend he did?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Seems Armstrong's new best pal has waded in, with the anti-cobra venom:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/01/ ... pie_102336
    Double standards?

Hell yeah, Cav. No-one wants former dopers back.

Unless you can employ them as management and sprint gurus, of course.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    iainf72 wrote:
    He's done a few things to prove he's doing it clean.

Yeah but the most convincing thing was his climbing in the Giro. :lol:

Seriously, though I take your point.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.