Ricco interview in ProCycling

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited January 2010 in Pro race
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    +1
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Erm - It's the rules?

He's done his ban, he's entitled to come back. Heck, he even shopped a couple of people.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • I read that - jesus what an w******

i was all prepared to give him a chance but I'd trust him about as far as I could throw him. All that stuff about mocking other riders going up climbs and stuff
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    iainf72 wrote:
    Erm - It's the rules?

He's done his ban, he's entitled to come back. ...........

+1
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    let the kid ride ffs - we all make mistakes and expect a second chance..
    cartoon.jpg
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tusher
    Yes, true, it's the rules, but, from what I read, he expressed not one iota of regret, remorse or guilt. Not that anyone says a rider has to, of course, but he could at least pretend.

And I suspect that his shopping of others had more to do with him wanting to get a reduced ban (which it did) that any desire to clean up the peloton.

A vile individual, but, yes, you're correct. He's served his time and he can return. But I still think he should have been banned for life.
  • hockinsk
    hockinsk Posts: 100
    I read it a few days ago too and couldn't believe his attitude. He wasn't just responsible for his own downfall, but along with Piepoli, helped destroy a whole cycling team and loose riders and staff a job. To show such contempt for his sport too is the saddest point I thought.
  • dennisn
    hockinsk wrote:
    I read it a few days ago too and couldn't believe his attitude. He wasn't just responsible for his own downfall, but along with Piepoli, helped destroy a whole cycling team and loose riders and staff a job. To show such contempt for his sport too is the saddest point I thought.

I thought you guys wanted all the convicted dopers to RAT OUT everyone who was involved???? Am I missing something here? Probably. :wink::wink:
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    The sight of Ricco on the cover put me right off buying that issue i'm affraid. There's so much young, CLEAN, talent around now. Try putting them on the cover for a change, not the convicted dopers with no remorse for dragging their colleages and sport through the shit.
    Yes, they should help by naming names, but it doesn't remove the fact that they've lost god know how many support staff their jobs...

Poor show ProCycling. Show your support elsewhere in the future please.
  • Tusher
    Oooh, yes, we do, of course we do, Dennis. All dopers should rat on everyone they can.
    It's just that I'm not that noble when it comes to forgiving reformed dopers. I mean, Millar, yes, I like him very much, Basso's ok, and Kohl I suppose but Ricco is different. Ricco is in an entirely different league.

'cos Ricco is such an odious little twat that he is fair game for any criticism. 'Cos he deserves it. Be that his hair, his demeanour, his doping, his choice of car, anything really.
    I cannot stand him. And I rather enjoy disliking him so much. I suspect it's Displaced Boss Hatred.
    I want to drown him. I want to feed him to a hungry polar bear. I want to put deep heat on his chamois.

And I don't think I'm alone.
  • dennisn
    aarw wrote:
    The sight of Ricco on the cover put me right off buying that issue i'm affraid. There's so much young, CLEAN, talent around now. Try putting them on the cover for a change, not the convicted dopers with no remorse for dragging their colleages and sport through the shoot.
    Yes, they should help by naming names, but it doesn't remove the fact that they've lost god know how many support staff their jobs...

Poor show ProCycling. Show your support elsewhere in the future please.

Can't have your cake and eat it too. You're right though. Good people may and or will go down also.
    You can take some comfort(if you want to call it that) in the fact that pretty much no one
    likes a RAT and that may, or probably, will have an effect on him getting employment in the pro ranks. IMHO
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Tusher wrote:
    Oooh, yes, we do, of course we do, Dennis. All dopers should rat on everyone they can.
    It's just that I'm not that noble when it comes to forgiving reformed dopers. I mean, Millar, yes, I like him very much, Basso's ok, and Kohl I suppose but Ricco is different. Ricco is in an entirely different league.

'cos Ricco is such an odious little fool that he is fair game for any criticism. 'Cos he deserves it. Be that his hair, his demeanour, his doping, his choice of car, anything really.
    I cannot stand him. And I rather enjoy disliking him so much. I suspect it's Displaced Boss Hatred.
    I want to drown him. I want to feed him to a hungry polar bear. I want to put deep heat on his chamois.

And I don't think I'm alone.

you sound like this kid

missing-bike-in-denver.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • Slapshot
    Slapshot Posts: 211
    I looked for remorse.......who am I kidding!!
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    "I'm very disappointed and bitter. I expected better understanding. But I made a mistake and it's fair that I pay.' Ricco

After telling porkies he didn't dope, tried to get away after a stage in the TdF without going to doping control, he gets caught. Made a mistake? What believing that CERA could not be detected. What a nobber. He's up for the Giro and Milan San Remo this year, cheating fibbing pr*&k.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • He's up for the Giro and Milan San Remo this year, cheating fibbing pr*k.
    that could be applied to the vast majority of riders at the Giro and San Remo...
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    He shopped his mates to get less of a ban did he not; obviously a deal as they gave him only 20months in the end.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Tusher
    Brilliant poster!

Tusher wrote:

'cos Ricco is such an odious little fool .

How strange. I distinctly recall typing in a word that was not 'fool'. It was far stronger than that.

:-)
  • Let's hope there are no more riders out there like him, eh? :roll:

They don't serve up life bans to riders with for personality defects.
    If they did, Dennis would mostly be out of a job! :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Just the photo for his interview... I've seen some punchable faces in my time but my word he takes the big prize.

He'll get his. You can't dope from 15 yrs old and not have some side effects later in life.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    phips wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Erm - It's the rules?

He's done his ban, he's entitled to come back. Heck, he even shopped a couple of people.

A question for your goodself then - do you think Ricco's return to pro cycling is good for the sport?

Ultimately, I don't think it makes a spot of difference. I'm not a Ricco fan but being an a-hole isn't a crime (thank god for that, I don't think I'd do well in prison)

It's funny that Ricco was bust young and is so hated, but people tend to be kindly towards Ullrich. Jan won't admit any kind of guilt and is seriously wealthy off the back of doping.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Flanners1 wrote:
    "I'm very disappointed and bitter. I expected better understanding. But I made a mistake and it's fair that I pay.' Ricco

After telling porkies he didn't dope, tried to get away after a stage in the TdF without going to doping control, he gets caught. Made a mistake? What believing that CERA could not be detected. What a nobber. He's up for the Giro and Milan San Remo this year, cheating fibbing pr*&k.

<pedant>

That was Beltran.

</pedant>
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Just the photo for his interview... I've seen some punchable faces in my time but my word he takes the big prize.

He'll get his. You can't dope from 15 yrs old and not have some side effects later in life.

Ricco ain't a nice boy, but to wish I'll health on the guy later in life is a bit much.
  • Tusher
    iainf72 wrote:

It's funny that Ricco was bust young and is so hated, but people tend to be kindly towards Ullrich. Jan won't admit any kind of guilt and is seriously wealthy off the back of doping.

Ullrich doesn't have a rampant personality disorder, though. And he likes pies and cakes. We can all empathize with that.

I'd enjoy loathing Ricco even if he was clean, to be honest. I wasn't in the slightest bit surprised when he was busted (and I was stunned when it was Kohl's turn) because he's Not Nice and that's what we think Not Nice riders do. (and yes, I know dopers are usually kind to kittens and their mothers, and some clean riders are complete barstewards) But Ricco is loathable.

Simples. We all need hate figures to lead a healthy life. And Ricco doesn't seem to mind in the slightest.

Which annoys me more than you can believe. But all adds to the sport.
  • pat1cp wrote:
    Just the photo for his interview... I've seen some punchable faces in my time but my word he takes the big prize.

Ricco ain't a nice boy, but to wish I'll health on the guy later in life is a bit much.

Not wishing ill health at all. Maybe that was poorly phrased then. What I mean is if he thinks he can dope for so many years and get away with it, he's mistaken.
  • Tusher
    Having said all I've said though, I'm fascinated by how his form will be on his return.

I shall be jubilant if he's rubbish.

And if he's still good, I'll assume he's still on the juice.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    pat1cp wrote:

Not wishing ill health at all. Maybe that was poorly phrased then. What I mean is if he thinks he can dope for so many years and get away with it, he's mistaken.

I doubt that at 15 the choice to dope was his...