Edge 705 and Turbo trainer

TheHelpfulDevil
TheHelpfulDevil Posts: 129
Good day one and all. just a quick question. thinking of getting a 705 as a birthday treat for myself, i was wondering how it would record data if even possible whilst on a turbo trainer?

thank H

Comments

• liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Turn off the GPS and it works a treat. The cadence/speed sensor GSC10 is mounted on the chainstay so gets the rear wheel. Obv. if you have a powermeter it works with that too.
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Yep, turn off the GPS before you start and if you have the cadence sensor, that'll work fine no probs. i use mine all the time.
  • Thanks, I have been wondering how far i get. plus i want to start doing a few TTs in the coming year so i thought that knowing where i am ment to be going wouldl help.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    My 705 seems to miss the calories, speed when in use on the turbo, but ok on the road. Very odd....
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    My 705 seems to miss the calories, speed when in use on the turbo, but ok on the road. Very odd....

Mine too, but the calorie calculator is miles out anyway so about as useful as a chocolate teapot.