Wha the Footon?

2»

Comments

• SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    2_600.jpg

I recognise this scene - it's taken from eyes wide shut, when Tom goes into that Mansion
  • hockinsk
    hockinsk Posts: 100
    Love the fact they used black stitching around the chamois, just to really define the crotch area. Looks like they've all got cricket boxes down there!
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    gabriel959 wrote:
    I thought you guys would be familiar with Footon seeing as there is a british rider riding for them next year!
    Johnnie Walker missed the presentation. Maybe he's done a runner :twisted:

LOL, his name is Tom Faiers and he is supposed to be a fantastic climber according to LL Sanchez and Valverde.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • hockinsk
    hockinsk Posts: 100
    Yep, he is supposed to be a very natural climber. Don't know much about him other than he almost completely escapes British media as he's not involved with British Cycling one bit.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Gotta love someone who's making it without an inner chimp.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    2_600.jpg

I recognise this scene - it's taken from eyes wide shut, when Tom goes into that Mansion

Cipo used that scene for the 2002 Acqua & Sapone team launch, with topless models and everything! Far better.

That Footon presentation looks like a qualifying round of the European Gimp championships
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • BdeB
    BdeB Posts: 110
    They have flesh coloured kit that makes them look naked and so they choose to reveal it by wearing flasher macks. Classy.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Kinda looks like the Kiwi Beige Brigade.

Hadlee would be proud!
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,478
    Wrong pic, Andy. That guy could make any pro team kit cool.

Fair point, but unfortunately it was the only image of that Le Groupement kit I could find quickly. Maybe the arbiters of good taste have removed the rest from the internet? :wink:
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    I like it! so i will be taking myself outside and having a word. Think the bikes are minging.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    BdeB wrote:
    They have flesh coloured kit that makes them look naked and so they choose to reveal it by wearing flasher macks. Classy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Beige ?

No, this is style, design, fashion.

I'm sure there must be a fancy name for that colour - écru, or taupe for example
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Timoid. wrote:
    Kinda looks like the Kiwi Beige Brigade.

Hadlee would be proud!

My Mrs said exactly the same thing!

Wonder if they use this as their hydration system.....

Sneaky%20Shorts.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    They must be so embarrassed to wear such a revolting brown kit.
    galeria21373-005.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Its amazing how well the Footon kit has worked. If they were wearing the same "40 shades of blue" kit as everyone else, we wouldn't have crossed the road to see them.

Give them some cruddy beige gear and, hey presto, 44 posts. Even Sky Almighty have only 30 posts on two threads on the front page of "Race"

I might even have to find out what a "Footon" is.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    gagg-coors.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    I was driving through streets of Adelaide today and came across a lone Footon rider. Believe it or not, the kit looks even worse in the flesh.

The rider in question was, I think, a European. I can tell you that the beige colour does not go well with pale skin. I can only imagine that come July the riders with a full summer tan will look like they are either naked or wearing a 'Cipo' skinsuit.

Unfortunately the rider wasn't riding the 'gold' Fuji - he was on a white frame.