DDD - Friday fun: Zombie attack

2»

Comments

• Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Porgy wrote:
    You've seen Flight of the Living Dead then :lol:

Little Stiff Sunshine?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Porgy wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Of course it could be full of Zombies - how would they climb the stairs though?

You've seen Flight of the Living Dead then :lol:

Seriously porgy... you should cut your fingers off for typing that... :lol:
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Greg T wrote:
    Create a conspiracy theory on how a plane didn't crash and the CIA did it?

Of course it could be full of Zombies - how would they climb the stairs though?

Zombies on a plane..... now that reminds me of a trip back from Spain with a load of Rangers fans.....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    If you're being chased by Zombies you don't need to be faster than the Zomebies you just need to be faster than your friend/girlfriend/loved one.

I've put this into practice, see. It wasn't a zombie, it was a dog. Unfortunately, your friend can trip you up...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    That's OK until you have multiple zombies / dogs after you.
  • Greg T
    It's OK DX3 - you can be my zombie wingman anyday - (trusting and slow - my favourite combination)

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Porgy wrote:
    That's OK until you have multiple zombies / dogs after you.

Then tend to just go after the first kill leaving the other one to run off...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Greg T wrote:
    Who takes a bike to a Zombie fight?

Now I know that we all like bikes right - I get it. That does not make them an ideal mode of transport when the gates of Hell have opened and the recently deceased are stumbling down the fresh foods aisles at tescos looking for people.

In this situation you need heavy machinery - something big and noisy - preferably without a lock on the door and prone to breakdown.

You get the other guy to drive this one way down the road - attracting the zombie plague to him - it breaks down - cue screaming / feeding blood all over the pavement stuff.

You and Joely jump in the landy and head off for some "reloading".

If there is one thing you have to have in the face of the undead is plenty of expendable people around to take the horrendous death instead of you.

That's not very environmentally friendly of you! If enough people thought like that, we might lose Norfolk in 50 years time.[/b]
  • Greg T
    rhext wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    In this situation you need heavy machinery - something big and noisy - preferably without a lock on the door and prone to breakdown.

That's not very environmentally friendly of you! If enough people thought like that, we might lose Norfolk in 50 years time.[/b]

That's part of the Zombie destrucion plan - remove their breeding grounds and you start to win the war.

That's why Zombies can't climb stairs - Norfolk doesn't have any.

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    We're going to run out of Landrovers - personally I would rather go for a Toyota Landcruiser - much more reliable, shotgun of course - not an automatic - they tend to jam if not well cared for, 7.62 SLR - ex army loads of them around - can put a bullet through a brick wall - I already live in a first floor flat an keep the bikes upstairs - sorted
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Greg T wrote:
    rhext wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

That's part of the Zombie destrucion plan - remove their breeding grounds and you start to win the war.

And that's a bad thing ?
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    What if the zombies can actually ride pedal bikes?

I would think having little forebrain activity they would not be restricted by frivolities such as feeling tired, out of breath or worrying about overdoing it, so I reckon they'd pwn you.

Also would they go for dropped or flat bars?
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    They would obvious go for flat bars, never seen a zombie look up well. I believe the neck muscles go, that explains the lolling head. On a drop they would just be staring at the ground and run into the first wall or car parked in the way. So flats I say the zombie's bars of choice
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Greg T wrote:
    rhext wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

And that's a bad thing ?

Good point. Perhaps we should use 4*4s to move the zombies to Norfolk and then leave them running on the border while we wait for Global Warming to do its thing!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    If you eat a zombies brain... does that make you a zombie?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    hisoka wrote:
    They would obvious go for flat bars, never seen a zombie look up well. I believe the neck muscles go, that explains the lolling head. On a drop they would just be staring at the ground and run into the first wall or car parked in the way. So flats I say the zombie's bars of choice

:lol::lol::lol:

i can't imagine they would be much cop with the gears either so unless they were on a fixie you'd probably be alright for long enough to get away
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Big Wib wrote:

i can't imagine they would be much cop with the gears either so unless they were on a fixie you'd probably be alright for long enough to get away

And if they lose it their legs would simply snap off at the knees, no embarassing fast wobbly bobbing moments.
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    prj45 wrote:
    Big Wib wrote:

And if they lose it their legs would simply snap off at the knees, no embarassing fast wobbly bobbing moments.

that beats any of my clipless moments :)
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    Anyone who has bothered to read Day of the Triffids knows that you find yourself an island (Isle of White in that case), once a good solid sweep of the place is done you’re safe as houses.

For additional thought on the subject, do watch the remake of Dawn of the Dead for the game of shooting Zombies from a roof top who look like celebrities for maximum amusement
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    I don't want to think about it, I saw "28 Days Later" a while back and totally sh@t my pants.

I can't believe I've just admitted that...<<AHEM>> THEN I WRESTLED A MAD BEAR WITH ONE HAND TIED BEHIND MY BACK

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    georgee wrote:
    Anyone who has bothered to read Day of the Triffids knows that you find yourself an island (Isle of White in that case), once a good solid sweep of the place is done you’re safe as houses.

For additional thought on the subject, do watch the remake of Dawn of the Dead for the game of shooting Zombies from a roof top who look like celebrities for maximum amusement

Have you not seen land of the dead though? They can walk under water.

If you haven't, you didn't miss much.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    DDD have you read The Zombe Survival Guide or World War Z (both by Max Brooks), by any chance?
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    prawny wrote:
    georgee wrote:

Have you not seen land of the dead though? They can walk under water.

If you haven't, you didn't miss much.

I love it, animatronic zombies, what's not to like? Especially the one with the flippy head. :shock:

I've watched it four times now. I am a bit of a zombie film fanatic though. :oops: