sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    iainf72 wrote:
    Black fricking socks.

Bloody plague on our sport.

+1 should be banned
  • sonny73
    edited January 2010
    Looks like Caisse have got the bigger legs : )

galeria21061001.jpg

It's going to be great to see Soler back in action on the main stage and with a better team... one of my favourite riders for sure.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Black fricking socks.

Bloody plague on our sport.

agreed. so very, very wrong.

Yes they are wearing black socks during the presentation BUT if you look at some of the photo's from the teamsky site then you will see they also have white ones. imagine that eh?
    cartoon.jpg
  • 'also having white socks' does not make up for the fact that they have black socks. It's the sort of thing you expect from *rmstrong, ffs.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    I quite like the kit - it is very sharp - like the rest of the toys (bus, cars, bikes etc).

I think there's a lot to be said for the 'less is more' approach.

That said, I can't bring myself to buy and ride around in any team kit - just doesn't feel right. I considered the smart black Cervelo Kit from last year, but given I ride an R3, I just saw it as a big target on my back for cars/yobs and, more importantly, other riders showing me up for what I am (a weekend plodder!).
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    The Caisse kit is as nice as ever but Quickstep rule again.... How short are those shorts! :D
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Yeah - I ride a Condor, therefore if I ride in a full team kit other than Rapha - will I not look like a bit of a prat? Solution must be just to wear team shirts, but NOT the rest of the kit?
  • mroli wrote:
    Yeah - I ride a Condor, therefore if I ride in a full team kit other than Rapha - will I not look like a bit of a prat? Solution must be just to wear team shirts, but NOT the rest of the kit?

the general feeling is unless you ride for a team wearing a full team kit and matching bike is just wrong, largly due to the fact that so many people could rip yours legs off thinking that you ride for that team
  • sonny73
    Moomaloid wrote:
    The Caisse kit is as nice as ever but Quickstep rule again.... How short are those shorts! :D

HA they are almost hot pants yes, I wouldn't really want to wear them that short for sure. Mind you it's only Devolder's that look a bit too short.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    You would think 'Big Tom' would require a little more space :wink:
    M.Rushton
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    To be honest when u've got legs like that u'd want to show them off woudn't ya? I seem to remember Stuart Pierce used to do the same thing when he played footy. The Sky shorts look overly long to me too.
  • sonny73
    Definitely going to be easy to spot from aerial shots:

22553_255146849872_194104484872_3143302_2061703_n.jpg
  • fortyone
    fortyone Posts: 166
    Not another drab black outfit and bike.
  • hockinsk
    hockinsk Posts: 100
    Another drab black outfit?

There are no other black kits in Peleton and I can't think of any in the past either? Well Rapha-Condor, but they are UCI continental, so don't count really!
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Cervelo and caisse (and CSC) are/were just as black as this surely?

Strava is not Zen.
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    The other non-race apparel Brailsford was sporting on the Sky Training video is pretty special. Wonder if they're going to sell this stuff eventually?
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    I think the SKY kit is spot on!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I think the Sky kit. Definitely buyable unlike most other Pro kits.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • hockinsk
    hockinsk Posts: 100
    calvjones wrote:
    Cervelo and caisse (and CSC) are/were just as black as this surely?

Well of course the black they do use is just as black, but you couldn't say Caisse & Cervelo were a plain black design would you? i.e. they are both more a sponsor-dictated design.The design and colours used follows the sponsors branding & logo. Sky on the other hand is very uniquely a designer-dictated design. i.e. the sponsor is not the concept, simply the sponsor on the design.

Brailsford all along has said, the team sponsors will work much more like that of football teams. i.e. the team branding remains the same like say Man U, but the sponsor changes.

I would say Cervelo is black & white with red:
    cervelo_kitmc_aero_2009.jpg

Caisse is grey pattern with alot of red:
    caisse_kit_ziplunga.jpg