Team Sky Site Live

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Nice site, bike looks good but yet my inner chimp is disturbed!
    M.Rushton
  • The kit is the same design as Adidas' last T-Mobile one just in black and blue instead of pink and white.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    By jove - I think you're right !!!
  • hockinsk
    hockinsk Posts: 100
    edited January 2010
    ..and the T-Mobile kit was the continuation of the Bianchi kit design essentially.

t-mobile.jpg
    ssbia08team-m.jpg
  • Lets hope they don't try and recoup the £35 million by pricing the kit too high....
  • cougie wrote:
    By jove - I think you're right !!!
    Thanks ! :lol:
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    cougie wrote:
    It does ? Oh I'd only seen the jackets - I could have sworn they had a black back.

I'll go and search for better pics !

You can see it on the EBH video: http://www.teamsky.com/profile/0,27291,17543_5771590,00.html about 1:08 in :)
  • Am I missing something here, looks pretty dull to me. OK, it's better than "The Shack", but I'd much rather have the new Quickstep kit!
  • it might be slightly plain but i think it's got a bit of class to it. the national champion's jerseys are especially nice though.
    "scalare come se al grembo degli dei" (apologies to any Italain speakers if the grammar/spelling is off)
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I find the simplicity of the design very striking and love the names down the sides, it's a really nice design IMO.. Some of us on C+ forum used to call for names on jerseys...great to see them do it. Names on jerseys big size make the team riders easier for viewers to ID and have some sense of attachment too , given they are wrapped in sunglasses and helmets mostly. What a budget too. How or who or what drove budgets so high? ! I'm not yearning for the 80s of crappy pay, low budget teams....good on sky!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Find it bit like a regular club kit. Probably the plain black shorts that make it seem a little dull.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    I think the shorts could be doing with a blue stripe down the side or similar, but have to say IMO I think it's pretty cool and minimal. Do prefer other kits though.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    The best pro kit out there is the JDF one. I think this looks good though, I'd get it - but I'm a sucker for the simple kits - like the Rapha Condor one which I think looks great too...
  • cougie
    Aah yes - white panels on the back to reflect the heat. Prob good for visibility when out training too.

I loved the Bianchi tops - was great to see Jan racing in one.
  • Hi

Here is a photo of the back. Jersey looks good, Bit more blue in the shorts would be better perhaps.

http://www.teamsky.com/gallery/0,27401, ... ml#photo=7

Paul
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    The white bit doesn't fit in with the rest of the kit IMO and they should have done more with the shorts.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • I like the white back on the kit. Apart from the obvious cooling characteristics of having a white backed jersey, by having a single blue stripe running down from neck to bum-crack the team will be highly visible in the peloton and on tv from helicopter shots and so on. Also, the kit is perfectly matched with the bikes, something Quick Step/Merkcx have completely missed. I bet the teams coach and cars (Jags no less!) look the absolute dogs nads. Wiggins says the kit etc looks cool and mean and I agree. Also, because the kit is in quite dark, subtle colours, more people will be inclined to buy it. Sky are masters of marketing and I don't think they've missed a beat on this one.
    (Also, Cofidis have had an all-white back on their all-red kit for years. Seems to work IMO.)
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    Was on the launch ride today, the Jags look superb, the decals. font and colours look great. A host of technology inside and nice big TV screens.

The jersey's look fantastic in the flesh really really nice simple striking and effective. Bikes are superb as well look (Dura) ace, £3.5K for the f&f. The Sky replica is imminent for us plebs is it not?

I have a host of pics of Brad, Swift, Gerrans, Brailsford et al see if I can upload them.

The whole team were as smooth as and professional, the Sky PR, management, tech monkeys etc looked relaxed but professional and well drilled.

I had an absolutely fab morning people on the ride were good eggs as well. Great to see and ride with what will I reckon be a great and successful team, hopefully catch up with them in Morzine in the TdF!
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Who cares anyway, every Sportive this year will be made up of riders wearing
    Rapha, Team Radio Shack and Team Sky kit. I can hardly wait :roll:

'I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams......'
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    Simon Gerrans seems to have a peculiarly symmetrical face.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    I think they've got a really good coherent look that you don't see too often with pro teams. Easier to do when you haven't got a million sponsors. Think i'll buy the jersey.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    ynyswen24 wrote:
    Simon Gerrans seems to have a peculiarly symmetrical face.

yes...and so he will be riding a Prince instead of the Dogma 60.1 :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • cougie
    I'm liking the kit the more i see of it. V flash jags too !
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I'm no expert on cars, so in a straight fight between a Jaguar and the Arenberg Trench, who wins?

I don't believe they're designed with that in mind (I know teams used modified cars for P-R)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,231
    Think it's subtle and classy. If I were to buy a relica kit (which I won't!) I would go for that one.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    A simple and well designed kit. I guess this is partly because they have one primary large sponsor rather than quite a few meaning the kit needn't be too cluttered.

The back is particularly nice.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring a white one out later in the year like Cervelo and that should be pretty cool.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited October 2012
    There was some serious display of black socks!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Black fricking socks.

Bloody plague on our sport.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    Looks like Caisse have got the bigger legs : )

galeria21061001.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    quickstep_innergetic_2010_2011_new_outfit_22638_512_600.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest