Hope Vision single LED for trail use?

13»

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    And the torch is most likely going to cost less to sort as well ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I know, I doubt anything would really, it was a pretty hard impact.

Dammit, literally 2 days ago I deleted the bookmarks folder of 'torch stuff', so now I need to trawl through my emails to find out the clamp so I can re-order....typical!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    I have a Hope 1 & a Magicshine.

I sold my L&M Solo Logic to buy the Magicshine. This is a great light for off road (I also use a homemade helmet light, using the heads of 2 Tesco torches), however I will not be selling the Hope.

As has been mentioned the Hope is well made, I have been told of the excellent customer service Hope offer (never had a problem myself), spares are readily available and OK, compared to the 'torches' available on the web, it ain't cheap, but compared to what is available retail it it good value.

Whenever the Hope is tested in mags, it always gets a good review.

I use my Hope commuting, on my road bike & as a backup offroad. It's bright, has a good battery life (I use rechargables), it's compact, easy to use and has a simple, effective method of fixing to the bars.

If you want a quality light with good manufacturers backup then the Hope is great. If you want a very bright light with fairly decent build quality from Hong Kong buy from the likes of Dealtime.

BTW Matt, it's nice to see you buy base layers from a local company
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Mark - well said. I know Tom quite well and we did some work with them a while back. I love their kit (have the StormTrack jacket, base layers, mid layers, body warmer, merino T shirts, etc) and some of it is pretty keenly priced too. So good to have such a good local clothing company around!

I have crashed with my Hope 1, dropped it, jetwashed it - no problems at all. Very very solid.
  • Surf-Matt
    Oh and bails - is your shoulder okay?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Heh, yeah I'm fine thanks. I've crashed with this light before, but this properly put all the momentum of me and the bike through the torch, which stopped the bike, then i carried on and hit the other side of the torch. One of those impacts broke a part of the mount. I was impressed the torch itself isn't even scratched. Maybe if it wasn't so secure it would have just twisted instead of breaking :P

Hmmmm, so $2.55 for a new mount, or one of these......?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    bails87 wrote:
    Heh, yeah I'm fine thanks. I've crashed with this light before, but this properly put all the momentum of me and the bike through the torch, which stopped the bike, then i carried on and hit the other side of the torch. One of those impacts broke a part of the mount. I was impressed the torch itself isn't even scratched. Maybe if it wasn't so secure it would have just twisted instead of breaking :P

Hmmmm, so $2.55 for a new mount, or one of these......?

Bargain :lol: get 2.

Matt
    I'm hoping to do some work with a certain company soon. Looking to see if they'll develop cycling clothing with another local company.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • Surf-Matt
    Done a fair bit of MTB related stuff with "them" already (I find their stuff works a treat for MTBing) with some success. I reckon there's tonnes of potential :wink: