Orange Crush '09

Bert UK
Bert UK Posts: 62
edited October 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Hi all,
After a few weeks of debating which hardtail to buy I finally settled on the Crush. I would have waited the extra few weeks and got the 2010 version but with the bike being and Orange I just had to get the orange one.
All that has been changed since these pics are the pedals (SPD's) and the rear tyre has been changed to a Panaracer Fire XC Pro.

OrangeCrushBike3.jpg
OrangeCrushBike4.jpg
OrangeCrushBike5.jpg

I am hoping to replace the seat clamp and quick release skewers with Hope ones, and replace the wheels with Tubeless Mavic XM819's on Hope Pro II's in the near future aswell.

Comments

• coxy17
    coxy17 Posts: 401
    nice bike orange bike are loverly imo
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i really love those bikes 8). the 09 model is also tougher and made for more aggresive riding than the 2010 model. i'm jelous :lol:
  • jay12 wrote:
    i really love those bikes 8). the 09 model is also tougher and made for more aggresive riding than the 2010 model. i'm jelous :lol:

Thats another reason why I went for the '09 over the 2010. It just loves to be ridden aggressively and is a real confidence booster. So far I cannot fault it.

Bert.
  • jay12
    Bert UK wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

Thats another reason why I went for the '09 over the 2010. It just loves to be ridden aggressively and is a real confidence booster. So far I cannot fault it.

Bert.
    that would be the perfect bike for me hnce why i'm jelous. where do you live exactl? :lol:

how much did it cost you btw?
  • Bert UK
    Bert UK Posts: 62
    edited January 2012
    Post deleted.
  • jay12
    wow that's awesome deal.enjoy it.
    also sort the lawn out, it's dying :lol:
  • looks nice that im not a fan of bright coloured bikes but the orange and black is pretty cool 8)
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    nice one, i'd have had the '09 one over the '10 one anyway. Enjoy her :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    That in my opinion is one cool bike.

My congratulations on your choice.
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    Awesome my bike - my friend has recently got a second hand (but used about 5 times) 08 one, for just £450 (very jealous)
  • Bert UK wrote:
    I got a real good deal on it. £750 brand new.

Thats a well good deal where did you get it from and its a loverly bike :D
  • i love to ride bike and i have a mountain bike which i bought in 100 dollars.
    Marry Davidson
  • pauljoes
    pauljoes Posts: 186
    hi there mate, my mrs have just bought a 2010 crush for taking the baby on the back of and me for hitting the local trails. I have a 09 remedy.9 so i can give that a rest while using the crush. did you buy the raceface bashgaurd? if so where from?
    TREK REMEDY 9
    ORANGE CRUSH
    DOLAN TUONO
    PLANET X PRO CARBON
  • jay12
    pauljoes wrote:
    hi there mate, my mrs have just bought a 2010 crush for taking the baby on the back of and me for hitting the local trails. I have a 09 remedy.9 so i can give that a rest while using the crush. did you buy the raceface bashgaurd? if so where from?
    the 09 model came with the bashguard. you can get them from CRC for about £35
  • pauljoes
    thanks mate sure be looking foward to riding it.
    TREK REMEDY 9
    ORANGE CRUSH
    DOLAN TUONO
    PLANET X PRO CARBON
  • Hmmm.. i am also waiting for this bike 2010 model. but i also like this model 2009 with orange color. So when you found 2010 model which color your like of your bike?
    Post by Donald
  • pauljoes
    I have started to bling the bike i had a set of 710mm white bars it sets the brakes off looks mint. next is white grips, stem, seat, seat post, am also considering of having the forks sprayed white and when all the cables need changing they will be white.
    TREK REMEDY 9
    ORANGE CRUSH
    DOLAN TUONO
    PLANET X PRO CARBON
  • scottbowlby
    scottbowlby Posts: 143
    donaldjeo wrote:
    Hmmm.. i am also waiting for this bike 2010 model. but i also like this model 2009 with orange color. So when you found 2010 model which color your like of your bike?

You'll have trouble, my lbs says the 2010 Crush's stocks are just about gone and because of the popularity a limited number of the 2011 Crush should be out in a few months...
  • pauljoes
    sunsetmtb cardiff have 2010 in stock
    TREK REMEDY 9
    ORANGE CRUSH
    DOLAN TUONO
    PLANET X PRO CARBON
  • mr joey
    mr joey Posts: 427
    must admit im also thinking of getting the forks srayed white
  • pauljoes
    mr joey Ive looked into having the forks sprayed but it seems a bit to much hard work, stripping them down etc unless you can do yours own as mojo want £80 to strip and re-fit. do you think it could all be tapped off and sprayed then?
    TREK REMEDY 9
    ORANGE CRUSH
    DOLAN TUONO
    PLANET X PRO CARBON
  • jay12
    pauljoes wrote:
    mr joey Ive looked into having the forks sprayed but it seems a bit to much hard work, stripping them down etc unless you can do yours own as mojo want £80 to strip and re-fit. do you think it could all be tapped off and sprayed then?
    you could always sell your current ones and buy white rock shox reveleations or white fox forks. much less hassle
  • mr joey
    luckily i have a mate who"s a paint sprayer so im gonna ask him wot he thinks? the only thing bothering me is that if i get them done they wont be under warranty as my lbs has told me so dont know weather to hang on till warranty runs out or take the risk and get them done??? as im a guy who cant wait for anything its a tough choice,would more or less finish the bike of though??????????
  • mr joey
    spoke to my mate today and he said he can spray them,basically wot he does is put a 2 pac paint on which he says is pretty good but says any scratches or scuffs will show up wich is really no different to what they are now,put the new decals on then spray on a lakre over the top of them,all for £15 sounds a bargain i know just this warranty issue thats bothering me what would you do????
  • mr joey
    sorry forgot to say thats just taped up not stripped down,but i trust him!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • pauljoes
    just go for it mate and as for the warranty have you ever heard of fox 32`s breaking? i aint done. sure your lbs could fix anything if it does go wrong. let me know how it goes please.
    TREK REMEDY 9
    ORANGE CRUSH
    DOLAN TUONO
    PLANET X PRO CARBON
  • mr joey
    should be getting the forks sprayed l8r on this week,took decals off today,ringing mojo in the morning to order new ones so should have pics up hopefully over the weekend,just got back from weekender in scotland did Ae,glentress [black and red in same day]and innerliethen cracking trip bike was awesome pushed it to the limits,saw quite a few white fox forx wich made my mind up so fingers crossed!!!!!!