16 gigs
    2 kidney infections
    1 open head wound
    1 broken finger
    1 deep laceration to leg
    1 stolen bike
    1 broken bike
    1 cheating ex girlfriend

I think the "one cheating ex girlfriend" could be explained by all of the items above it. :wink::wink:
  • Johnp
    Johnp Posts: 51
    I should have changed the order to be honest, we split up and then the boozing and injuries came about then I found out she had actually cheated. Bender is over though as my riding really took a down turn the back end of last year. Its all about the bike in 2010
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Johnp wrote:
    I should have changed the order to be honest, we split up and then the boozing and injuries came about then I found out she had actually cheated. Bender is over though as my riding really took a down turn the back end of last year. Its all about the bike in 2010

Ahhhhh, I see. Glad to hear it's all about the bike in 2010. However, that attitude, while great for your riding, would tend to not be so good for your getting another girlfriend.
    It's a twisted world out there. :wink::wink:
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Either some of you guys turn off the computer for a few miles or do no recovery rides?
    How can you average 18 to 20mph including recovery rides?
    On some of my rides overall average may only be 15mph but within the 60 miles will do part averaging 25 to 30mph for several miles.
    For a recovery ride I use low gears and only average between 15 and 18mph depending on route.
    I suppose I should pick flat roads and only go out on calm summer days so I can also get av of 18 to 20mph for the year :D
  • No (or very few) recovery rides for me. I know recovery rides are good but I'd rather just take a day or so off rather than ride slowly.

To the person who asked about logging stats: No garmin for me, just a CatEye computer and anally-retentive use of Excel.
  • oldwelshman
    For a laugh just looked at my Garmin and it said av speed 19.6 mph but then saw one ride of 126 miles with av speed 27.7mph max 74mph and realised it was left on with bike in car!! :D
    It says 2000 miles but I am nearer 8k miles as I do not take it out every ride.
    I am on 1200 miles on my track bike computer but thats for just over a year.
    Longest off bike was 6 weeks after crash on 30th May.
    Just looked at the Garmin profile for that, wicked, 47mph to 0 in 100m :cry:
    How can I post the profile in here?
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    I suppose I should pick flat roads and only go out on calm summer days so I can also get av of 18 to 20mph for the year :D
    My average speed was 0.5 mph higher before I started doing club runs. Riding with old blokes is a good way to recover :D
  • oldwelshman
    Infamous wrote:
    My average speed was 0.5 mph higher before I started doing club runs. Riding with old blokes is a good way to recover :D
    Unless they crash :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My 2009 stats -

12 watts more than everyone else.

Going for 13 in 2010.
  • Infamous wrote:

there's an 'old bloke' down here who can do a 24 min 10 and a 4.30 100. he'll be 74 this season
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • oldwelshman
    Infamous wrote:

there's an 'old bloke' down here who can do a 24 min 10 and a 4.30 100. he'll be 74 this season

Is that Nev?
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Bhima wrote:
    Also a total geek with the stats. Just got my diary out and it took me a while, but here we go:

Total Distance: 17750 km
    Total Rides: 213
    Average ride Distance: 83.3 km

Bodyweight Reduction: 21 kg [8/Jan to 5/Dec] :shock:
    Although, Bike Weight Increase: 1.98 kg (stronger wheels/better bars)

Longest ride Distance: 261 km
    Longest ride Time: 10 Hours 10 Mins

Longest Gap spent off the bike: 6 Weeks, 4 Days
    Longest Time without a day off the bike: 82 Days

Cafe Stops: Approx 10
    Punctures: Approx 15
    Chains Destroyed: 5
    Crashes: 1
    Bikes bought: 8 (did them up and sold them)

Average Power: Really really wish I knew!
    Average Cadence: 2489614796144.8 RPM
    Average Bananas per hour: 235
    Average Honey Consumption: 0.78kg per ride

You forgot a data field!!
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    I was only joking, there are plenty of fast old blokes about.
  • julezy
    julezy Posts: 1
    Total Mileage: 6745 Miles
    Century Rides: 12
    Most miles in a week:414 miles
    Most climbing in a week: 10,000 metres
    Most climbing in a single ride: 5000m (The Tumble x 12.5)
    Longest ride Distance: 158miles (Kidderminster Killer+)
    Longest ride Time: 13 hours (Kiderminster Killer+)
    Best Ride: Mamotte - 8h 16mins

Punctures: 2
    Crashes: 0
    Bikes bought: 1
    Number of colds: 1
  • Hi, Im new here.

Total distance: 10 996 km
    Total hours spend: 412 h
    Most kilometers in a week: 359 km
    Most hours in a week: 14:06
    Longest ride: 115km
    100km record : 2h 54min
    Most climbing in a single ride: 23km (Sv.Jure -Biokovo mountain in Dalmatia,Croatia)

Max. speed: 73.5 km/h

Punctures:2
    Crashes:1
    Bikes bought:0
  • damn that cyclogs site for going down cos then i could have reeled all my stats off,but ive got a few for 2009
    TOTAL MILES 4864@17.30 MPH AVE SPEED
    LONGEST RIDE 75.3 MILES
    SHORTEST RIDE 8.60 MILES
    FASTEST RIDE 12.42 MILES@20.03MPH AVE SPEED
    SLOWEST RIDE 15.81 MILES @12.81MPH AVE SPEED ON MTB
    MOST CLIMB IN ONE RIDE 1076M
    PUNTURES NONE (TYRES USED CONTI GRAND PRIX 4000S)
    CRASHES 1 TRIED TO HOP FRONT WHEEL OVER WET FIRE HOSE AND FAILED HURT A LOT BUT ABLE TO RIDE HOME
    ROAD RAGE INCIDENTS1
    BIKE BREAKDOWNS NOTHING THAT STOPPED ME GETTING BACK HOME
    BEST RIDE IMO FOR 2009 39 MILES AT 19.14 MPH AVE FOR ONCE I ALMOST FELT FAST
    TOP SPEED 43.2 MPH