Trek Madone 6.9

Pokerface
Pokerface Posts: 7,960
edited March 2010 in Your road bikes
Finally managed to take a pic of my ride, fully kitted out. Trek Madone 6.9, Sram Red, Q-Rings, Zipp 808/404 wheels with Tune hubs, FSA stem, Bontrager Aero Bars, Look Keo HM Ti pedals and vintage Campag aero bottle.

Qrings3.jpg

Cheers all!

Comments

• that is a lovely looking bike

very envious
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • great looking bike...puts my 2009 4.5 madone to shame!!!
  • Pokerface
    great looking bike...puts my 2009 4.5 madone to shame!!!

I started with a Trek 5000 a few years ago, then a Madone 5.2 two years ago and the 6.9 last year! Just kept rebuilding and upgrading!!
  • One word.....Sexy!
  • really nice apart from the clinchers. get some zipp tubs on there!
  • Nice! I am not really a Trek fan but have just purchased a 5.2 frame to build up. Waiting for it to come :lol:
  • Never thought I'd think this, but that is a good looking Trek.

Aren't those aero Campag bottles old school?
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Never thought I'd think this, but that is a good looking Trek.

It does say 'vintage' in the spec... :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • hopper1 wrote:

Ooops - missed that. I was distracted by the eye candy. :oops:
  • Pokerface
    really nice apart from the clinchers. get some zipp tubs on there!

Tubs are being delivered on Monday! New photos to come. :)
  • Pokerface
    hopper1 wrote:
    Never thought I'd think this, but that is a good looking Trek.

Not sure what the difference is!
  • I just wondered if the bottles and cages were ~15 years old. I have recollections (perhaps misplaced) of these being available in the mid nineties.

Not important anyway - it's a nice bike. The OCD in me would have white hoods, but that's just me.
  • Pokerface
    I just wondered if the bottles and cages were ~15 years old. I have recollections (perhaps misplaced) of these being available in the mid nineties.

Not important anyway - it's a nice bike. The OCD in me would have white hoods, but that's just me.

The bottles are from the mid-90s. So - old school or vintage? :)

White hoods just get too dirty and replacement black hoods are really hard to find (ripped my original ones.
  • Damn thats a nice madone... Do you notice much difference between the pro fit and the performance?
  • Pokerface
    Damn thats a nice madone... Do you notice much difference between the pro fit and the performance?

Yes - huge difference. Pro fit is so much lower down and gets you in an aero/race position when on the drops. Feels a lot more powerful.

I had a 5.3 Performance fit last year. Was great for sportives and the like. Got the 6.9 this year and started racing. Felt the difference first time on the bike!
  • I was hoping you wouldnt say that... I race and i replace my old 2007 5.0 with the 2008 5.5, It does feel more upright..

I've been trying to find someone to swap a pro fit frame for my performance... Its just not happening though. I might put the bike on ebay at the end of the season..

Ive bought a profile 130mm 6 degree stem and im hoping that stretches me and drops me enough for now.
  • Pokerface
    I was hoping you wouldnt say that... I race and i replace my old 2007 5.0 with the 2008 5.5, It does feel more upright..

I've been trying to find someone to swap a pro fit frame for my performance... Its just not happening though. I might put the bike on ebay at the end of the season..

Ive bought a profile 130mm 6 degree stem and im hoping that stretches me and drops me enough for now.

I just remember when I had a 5.2 - and going to a circuit race. My wife was watching on the sidelines as I went around each lap.

After the race she asked me "why were you sitting up higher than everyone else"?

When I got my 6.9 she never asked those sorts of questions. 8)
  • Lovely bike - this is almost exactly the same spec I built up as my dream bike, before I ordered the 5.2 (Ultegra and RXL wheels)....
  • Very very nice! Just got a 5.2 and love the shape of all the tubes etc... loving the wheels!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    looks great!
  • wow wow wow, i want one, was thinking of making the move from my fitness bike (lapierre rcr900) to a racer, my mind is now made up,
  • Lovely looking bike.i would gestimate that she,s like the wind!!
    sh1t hot colour scheme does it for me ...looks like a very exspensive build
  • Pokerface
    Just a crappy pic of the bike taken today before my race. Added the new 404 Zipps with Tune hubs. She be fast (except for the rider)!

Would you believe - it weighs in at 6.5KG - so I have to find a way to add 300g to make it UCI legal (for some UCI events I'll be riding later this year!)

Bike-1.jpg
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    Very nice, always think those bottles look far too much like milk cartons tho :lol:
  • CarbonCopy
    CarbonCopy Posts: 492
    Yes that looks amazing now. :o
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    looks very nice like the blueness

would they actually weigh the bike , is it a nationals or something?
  • relanium
    relanium Posts: 487
    Very nice looking Trek, and a nice weight too :)

What are the brake calipers your using on there?
  • relanium
    relanium Posts: 487
    Fill your water bottles up, that should add some weight :wink:
  • Pokerface
    relanium wrote:
    Very nice looking Trek, and a nice weight too :)

What are the brake calipers your using on there?

Brake calipers are the blue Planet X CNC ones with Ti bolts.

Going to start by getting some heavier skewers. Alas - water bottles (and contents) do not count towards official weight. Cages do though!
  • cyclingpunk
    cyclingpunk Posts: 368
    Looking good mate. How do you find the rear brake? Looking at your pic I think I have cut my rear outer a bit short and am thinking that is maybe why my rear feels so spongy :?