Greatest toy of all time

2»

Comments

• The most influential Toy in my life was an educational electronics set I received in 1973, (I think), as I’m now an electrical engineer.

That present has a lot to answer for.
    I ache, therefore I am.
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    I'm afraid to say that leaves very little from my youth :( Does discovering masturbation count?

That would be a toy, yes.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    navt wrote:
    I'm afraid to say that leaves very little from my youth :( Does discovering masturbation count?

That would be a toy, yes.

Some people would consider it a relationship.....
  • first gaming console:

Playstation, with Gran Turismo
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I really want to say my penis. I really do. Hehehe.

Anywho, it has to be
    Transformers (Optimus Prime) - This so much so I own this

Optimus Prime Anniversary Figure
    TransformersOptimusPrime20thAnni-1.jpg

Oh and this:

Raleigh 'Even more Extreme' 6speed boys bike.

My second (and greatest bike)

This guy on Ebay is selling one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kids-Bicycle---Ra ... 82001r7509
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • BigTrak was ace.
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Well - you guessed it - it was a bike - in 1978 - a proper one with gears and drop handle bars and everything.

Never had a computer despite asking for one every year from 1980 to 1984.

had lots of books, records, toy cars etc, but not one stands out in my memory.

So if not bikes or computers - then it may have been the refurbed set of mecchano I got in about 1976 - it was a handmedown from my Uncle .

Or the first ever snog I got off a girl in a Plymouth night club when I was about 14, two days before xmas.

Or maybe it was the Monty Python box set I was given by my beautiful wife in 2004 :D
  • got to be lego technic
    im building a 1/10 scale rc car with rc 3 speed gearbox and live axle rear suspension and independent suspension
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Hi,

Probably have to say Lego- though I've always been irritated by how easily it falls apart. FischerTecknik was (is) miles better!

Does cardboard count? You can make just about anything out of cardboard... and it's practically free!

Cheers,
  • Used to love Technic Lego :)
    Cycling Newbie
    I reserve the right to ask dumb questions :)
  • navt wrote:
    Bikes and computers do not count, so I will leave them off. For me it has to be, in no particular order:

1. Lego Technic 8860
    2. FischerTechnik
    3. Tomy Digital Derby

I thought I was the only person in the word that had heard of this stuff it was like the Kraftwerk of building materials to Lego's Ziggy Stardust.

-I loved Lego and Fisher Technic
    -Matchbox Cars and the loop the loop racetrack
    -My Whirlwind bike: it was blue and gold, had drop bars and 5 whole gears - I lived in Cambridgeshire and it gave me the freedom to go when and where I wanted all day long. 1978, I was 9 years old & Peadophiles hadn't been invented, it was great being a kid with a bike
  • For me, an empty cardboard box big enough to climb in when you're six. It was Thunderbird 2, the Tardis and the Apollo moon lander back in 1971. Aaah, those were the days !!. :D
    "Anything for a weird life"

Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Difficult to lit in order, but here goes:

1. Meccano
    2. Lego
    3. Scalextric

Technic Lego was starting to appear when I was 'growing out of" Lego, but remarkably this year I won a Technic Lego kit in a raffle and have relived some missed childhood. It's fantastic.

In true James May style, I'm convinced that kids of today are losing the chance to learn real mechanical skills with toys like Meccano. I mean, where else do you learn about lock nuts and stuff?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,376
    true James May style, I'm convinced that kids of today are losing the chance to learn real mechanical skills with toys like Meccano. I mean, where else do you learn about lock nuts and stuff?

True

On the other hand they have had mobile phones from an early age and are perfectly equipped to work in call centres.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Porgy wrote:
    Well - you guessed it - it was a bike - in 1978 - a proper one with gears and drop handle bars and everything.

Never had a computer despite asking for one every year from 1980 to 1984.

had lots of books, records, toy cars etc, but not one stands out in my memory.

So if not bikes or computers - then it may have been the refurbed set of mecchano I got in about 1976 - it was a handmedown from my Uncle .

Or the first ever snog I got off a girl in a Plymouth night club when I was about 14, two days before xmas.

Or maybe it was the Monty Python box set I was given by my beautiful wife in 2004 :D

Girl from Plymouth eh? sure you didn't come away with anything more than just a snog. Those plymouth girls are a bit rough :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men