David Millar's Commonwealth Games ban overturned

2»

Comments

• top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    haha....Hailing originally from Glasgow, I'm just as qualified to represent Scotland as David Millar :D I haven't researched what the Australian Olympic people do but my suspicions are that they would take a hardline approach. There is an IOC lifetime ban for a 2nd doping offence but I can see the justification for countries applying that penalty for a first offence.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    haha....Hailing originally from Glasgow, I'm just as qualified to represent

Given your name i kinda suspected you were a weedgie.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Don't really care what other countries do or don't do with their disgraced cyclists. We're talking about Team GB and David Millar. He consciously cheated and lied over a period of time and should not be allowed to represent his country again. Completely the wrong message.
  • moray_gub
    Don't really care what other countries do or don't do with their disgraced cyclists. We're talking about Team GB and David Millar. He consciously cheated and lied over a period of time and should not be allowed to represent his country again. Completely the wrong message.

He has been representing Team GB for a few years now, this is about representing Scotland at the Commonwealth Games and the lifting of a lifetime ban.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    My thoughts on Millar have thawed over the past 12 months. But i am getting fed up with the fact that RULES seem to so easily be over-ruled these days. We are giving more lenient penalties, and now it seems completely changing the rules to suit. bad news.
  • Perhaps the media could constantly refer to him as "the reformed cheat David Millar", in a sort of Mrs Merton kind of way.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Top_Bhoy wrote:

I don't particularly like him or his often pious comments (when being critical of other drug cheats) :

+1
    And doesn't he just love to tell everyone how he has repented too over and over and over Yawn!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • moray_gub
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Top_Bhoy wrote:

I don't particularly like him or his often pious comments (when being critical of other drug cheats) :

+1
    And doesn't he just love to tell everyone how he has repented too over and over and over Yawn!

To be fair to him though its usually after he is aksed by the interviewer about doping and his experiences of it.